Our client, a large manufacturing organisation is looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager or HR Business Partner for their base in Birmingham. Managing a team of 2, this is a challenging role and will help support the organisations senior team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop employee relations on site and advice and support Line Managers in all Employee Relations case work
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes to create a strong performance culture
- To partner with the learning and development manager to drive the talent & training agenda for the site
- To develop, create and lead HR related internal training initiatives and programmes as and when required
- Taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns, ensuring the right people are in the right positions at the right time.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law and that line managers are up to date with changes to any policies
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- To coordinate and support the business with any Industrial Tribunal claims that are received and to consult, where applicable, with the Company's legal advisors in defending any such claims.
- To develop close working relationships with the management team and union representatives
- Responsible for managing the occupational health provision at the site.
- To promote and co-ordinate delivery of Employee Engagement initiatives alongside Line Managers
The candidate needs to:
- Be educated to degree level in Human Resource Management or Commercial discipline (Economics, Business Studies, etc)
- Have 10 years' experience in HR, ideally manufacturing environment
- Experience of Union / works council negotiations and consultation
- Be tough minded and resilient
- Have experience of changing T&C in heavily unionised environment.
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be able to think and make decisions on their feet.
- Be highly effective, results oriented and strong execution.
- Working knowledge of employment law and best practice policies and procedures.
In return you will receive a salary of between 50-55K + benefits and excellent holidays.