Job Title: HR Business Partner - Asset Services
Location: London (regular travel to Glasgow and other locations)
Role Purpose: Working with the Executive Board of the Asset Services team to set and lead on the local people strategy (ensuring alignment to the UK People Strategy) and priorities in line with the business objectives.
Part of the Asset Services Leadership Team:
- Part of the Asset Services Executive Board and Management Boards, responsible for the overall strategy of the SVL HR service and delivery (covering 800+ employees).
- Lead on people procedure governance and advise management on people impact of any proposals.
- Present to all employees every 2 months updating on strategy and project timeframes as part of Executive Committee communications programme.
- Data Analytics: Support COO in terms of the people analytics required for reporting and providing qualitative thoughts and understanding to the metrics.
- Building Capabilities: Identifying strategic capability gaps, as well as short term capability issues and ensuring initiatives are in place to fix.
- Identifying and delivering organisational change where required across Asset Services, including restructures, recruitment programmes and redundancy.
- Address a broad spectrum of people matters through management and support for leaders resolving matters in a professional manner in adherence with the firm’s policies.
- Managing, coaching and delivering for the Asset Services business the key annual people process of compensation, performance management process and promotion processes. Including coaching candidates, guiding managers.
- Attraction & Retention of Talent: Driving the strategic hiring of senior talent into the National Team business in partnership with the internal Recruitment team. Overseeing the talent acquisition at all levels. Including providing statistical analysis on recruitment, interviewing senior candidates, engaging with agencies, managing the internal recruitment process.
- Talent Management: Leading twice a year talent management review and facilitating decision making to ensure Talent Management is effective within Asset Services. Ensure a robust approach to succession is embedded in the Service Line.
- Employee Relations: Provide expert input across a range of ER casework (e.g. TUPE, managed exits, senior performance management, etc). Design and deliver high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
Team Management and Leadership:
- Management of three direct reports (HR Manager, Senior HR Advisor and HR Advisor), with overall accountability for a team of 5, with regular links into specialist functions (e.g. Recruitment, Talent and Learning, Central Administration team, etc)
- Lead by example on all people management practices: appraisals, personal development plans, career management conversations, talent mapping, succession, etc.
- Point of escalation for business within direct reports business units.
Projects and Innovation:
- Lead on projects for improvement in Asset Services and UK HR team, including managing large working groups with specific delivery timeframes.
- Suggest ideas for improvement within Asset Services and UK HR team (attend UK HR ExCo meetings).
- Share best practice, market intelligence and ideas with UK HR team.
- Experience working within Real Estate/ Financial background would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of employment, ER, compensation and salary and the laws that govern these areas
- Client centric, takes a true business partner approach
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to manage complex change issues
- Demonstrated ability to develop proven HR programs that align to business strategies
- A strong business sense
- A strong team player and ability to see big picture
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority
- Proven track record in leading and managing change programmes
- Exemplary people manager
- Change Management
- Human Resources
- Real Estate
- Human Resource Planning
- Talent Management