Our client is a successful company based in Stoke on Trent, who have an exciting opportunity for an HR Assistant to join their team. Due to substantial growth, this newly created position has become available, offering a fantastic chance to really make your mark. You will be joining a friendly and supportive company in a varied and fast-paced role.
The HR Assistant will deal with all day to day people-related processes, with the aim to increase organisational performance and to be the HR Ambassador across the business. Duties will include:
- Processing new starters/leavers/changes onto Xero, spreadsheets, and databases
- Providing information to payroll such as holidays, sickness, new starters
- Analysis of full employee lifecycle and resource costs to include recruitment activity, absence, employee relations, leavers, overtime and to provide key HR metrics data
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities (staffing, recruitment, training, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Compile and update employee records (electronic and manual copies) ensuring compliance with GDPR, Visas, DBS checks. Maintain HR database monthly - accurate and up to date
- Administration and co-ordination of all on-boarding activities throughout the employee lifecycle
- Provide effective and proactive HR advice and guidance, particularly in respect of employee relations, rewards, training, development and resourcing to management and employees
- Proactive support and advice to line managers in all aspects of employee relations: disciplinary and grievance, attendance management and performance reviews
- Provide support and advice to line managers in respect of recruitment and resourcing
- Proactive support and advice to whistleblowing policies and procedures
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR function and duties
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) as required
- Processing reference requests for ex-employees and new starters
- Proactive support and advice with employee's probation period
- Manage relationships with third parties (temporary staff agencies, training providers, health services providers, public services etc.)
- Check and process invoices in a timely manner
- Ideally available immediately
- Part or full CIPD qualification
- GCSE at C or above in Maths and English
- Strong influencer who can effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Organised and attention to detail required
- Sense of urgency with the ability to prioritise and focus to recognise critical path activities and achieve business goals and objectives
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit excellent judgement, decision, and discretion abilities
- Must be assertive, highly organised, detail oriented, with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of quickly demonstrating influencing skills and abilities
The role will also suit the following experience: HR Assistant, HR Supervisor, HR Manager, HR Officer, Human Resources, Personnel, HR Clerk.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'