Our Client one of the largest employers in West Lothian are looking for an experienced HR Assistant to provide high quality, HR customer focused advice, information and administrative support service that supports the delivery of HR services through a single point of contact.
Supporting the HR Service, the post holder will undertake a range of tasks which are essential to the delivery of a high-quality HR Service including the provision of first-line advice and guidance to service area,,s on matters relating to the application and administration of company policy, practice and procedures.
Principal Accountability's/Key Tasks
* Provide general advice and information to managers on the application of HR employment policy and procedures, terms and conditions of employment via the HR Direct telephone and email systems.
* Support the development of Mytoolkit by monitoring queries and advising the Team Leaders of potential areas for further development to ensure up to date and relevant information is available on all HR policies, procedures and processes.
* Ensure that appropriate and accurate documentation is completed and sent to the relevant parties within the specified timescales to enable the processing of changes which affect the employment contract.
* Preparation and review of contractual documentation including, but not limited to, statements of particulars, letters outlining changes to conditions of service and maternity/paternity notification
* Liaise with managers and HR administrative staff on activity required to support the recruitment process. This will include checking vacancy details, ensuring appropriate authorisations are in place, copy-writing and proof reading of adverts, responding to queries and ensuring that all relevant appointment paperwork is completed accurately
* Support the development and roll out manager self-service of the recruitment system by undertaking coaching sessions and reviewing and updating user manuals as and when required.
* Responsible for the provision of a range of specialist HR support tasks, including salary assessment, pensions administration, preparation and review of team KPIs and performance reporting, organising learning and development events, ordering and invoicing. Post holders will also participate in the job evaluation of posts.
* Although the post does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, you will be expected to provide support and direct tasks to clerical and administrative staff.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
HR or related management qualification to HNC level.
Experience of working in a busy HR service environment.
Up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
Proficient in the use of information technology.
Well-developed communication and problem-solving skills.
Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Understanding of the GDPR
Experience and knowledge of dealing with contracts of employment and related documentation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'