Based within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Surrey, you will be working as an HR Assistant supporting Psychologists, Vets, Midwives, Nurses and Clinical Scientists.
As an HR assistant you will be giving advice on basic HR related matters and issues and provide an administrative service to the HR department. The post holder will provide a high level of customer service and an efficient operational service to the Faculty, ensuring delivery of HR related and Faculty objectives. This is a high volume transactional role which requires a high level of attention to detail in a very busy working environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide all aspects of administrative support to recruitment activities across all central departments in the University, including vacancy management, advertising, shortlisting, arranging and supporting interviews, pre-employment checks, onboarding and carrying out right to work checks to ensure compliance with UKVI regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance on HR policies, procedures and best practice to line managers and staff, referring more complex situations to the HR Advisor where appropriate.
- Use the HR Management System (HRMS) to input and report on all aspects of employee information, supporting line managers and employees in their use of the HRMSAs required assist the HR Advisors in providing day-to-day operational HR support.
- Undertake administrative duties within the department; including preparing new starter files, induction packs, etc.
- Ensure all filing systems, paper and electronic, are kept up to date and in line with University policy and data protection legislation (GDPR).
Your experience and knowledge will include:
Previous experience of working in a customer service role / recruitment administrative role
Good customer service skills
Good IT skills
Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
Experience of PeopleSoft or other people management database (desirable)
Experience of Higher Education Sector (desirable)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'