Our global client based in Hoddesdon is looking to recruit an HR Assistant to join the team onsite. This is initially a 9 month contract and the hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. The position is offering an hourly rate of up to £16.30 per hour depending on experience.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for providing support to the whole of the UK Division.
The successful candidate will gain a full insight into the policies and practices of a Human Resources Department within a global company. Working in a professional and friendly environment, you will oversee a project, which will provide a fantastic opportunity to interact with internal and external customers, allowing you the opportunity to develop project management skills. In addition, you will be supporting the Human Resources Team, both the administrators and the Human Resources Business Partners, enabling you to gain a good knowledge of the different departments within the company whilst developing your interpersonal and communication skills.
Provides administrative support to the department or individual.
Duties may include: typing, filing, answering phones, scheduling, calendaring, record keeping, coordinating meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies and/or sorting/distributing mail.
May work on special projects to include recording, compiling, retrieving, reporting and analysing information. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize. Strong communication skills and organizational skills are required.
- Project manage the Student Placement scheme for the 2019-2020 intake, liaising both with managers and Universities - you will see the process through from advertising the positions to short-listing applicants right through to organising the induction
- Partake in AdHoc HR related projects
- Support the Human Resources team in their daily activities
- Opportunity to be trained in the Audio Visual Studio, to create video content for the HR Department
- Conduct business processes that support the function using appropriate software packages, e.g. expenses, PO raising, invoices, holiday booking.
- Arrange and coordinate teleconferences and internal/external meetings (small and large); book meeting rooms, equipment, hospitality, etc.
- Attend and take notes at confidential internal and external meetings.
- Work with other members of the team to coordinate responsibilities
Conduct all activities in compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
Education and Skills Required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and email systems, strong administrative coordination abilities, customer service experience
- Educated to at least A-Level standard. Degree level candidates would also be welcome, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience within Human Resources would be desirable
- Ability to communicate accurately both verbally and in writing
- Good organiser and administrator
- Team player, learning from and helping others overcome obstacles
- Confident with a willingness to get involved
- Strong sense of urgency, takes initiative to do things without being asked
- Has a can do attitude, anticipates problems and proposes solutions, approaches work challenges creatively with fresh ideas. Listens and adapts to improve
- Ability to run projects with a good eye for detail
- A self-starter who can be relied upon to work without supervision.
- Human Resources
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"