Ramdens are an award winning, Legal 500 recommended firm in Yorkshire. With fourteen offices and approx 270 staff we offer the full spectrum of legal services to individuals and organisations. We are currently recruiting for a full time HR Assistant to assist the HR Manager based at our Edgerton office but with travel across all offices.
The role is ideal for someone with strong HR Administration based experience and looking for a step up or someone who is currently operating at Assistant level and looking for a new challenge.
Working closely with and supporting the HR Manager you will deal with the day-to-day administration for the firm.
You will need to be resilient, confident, have good communication skills, be able to demonstrate common sense and the ability to think on your feet.
Previous HR experience is desirable but not essential.
Strong administration skills are a must.
Discretion, confidentiality, the ability to be diplomatic and deal with enquiries from staff in the first instance.
The role will involve regular travel across the firm's fourteen offices, so you must have your own car and be willing to travel.
Overview, required qualifications, skills and experience
- To provide administrative assistance to the HR Manager
- Excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Demonstrate a methodical and proactive approach.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels
- Ability to multi task and use own initiative
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Maintain HR systems and procedures
- Process holiday requests and maintain holiday calendars
- Administration for recruitment and induction
- New starter admin, including pre-employment checks
- Conduct HR inductions / Exit interviews (Junior Level)
- Junior level recruitment
- Updating employee information
- Course bookings and maintaining the training spreadsheet
- Coordinating annual appraisals ensuring paperwork is returned in a timely manner
- Dealing with general HR related queries
- Typing HR relating correspondence
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and liaising with other departments as appropriate.
The successful candidate will enjoy a busy hands-on support role. You will be a conscientious, proactive and a thorough team player who takes pride in delivering quality work.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience, and the firm offers a benefits package, as well as realistic opportunities for development and progression. Apply now for immediate consideration with your CV and cover letter.
- Administrative Support
- Communication Skills
- Exit Interviews
- Common Sense
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job