Are you an experienced HR Assistant?
Do you live within a commutable distance to Stonehouse?
Due to continued growth we require an experienced HR Assistant for a world class, forward thinking manufacturer based near Stroud, within outstanding work premises.
The purpose of the role is to support the Human Resources Manager in ensuring managers and employees of the business understand the company policies and procedures, applying them fairly and consistently across the organisation. To demonstrate professional behaviour, good team work and respect for employee confidentiality at all times working in accordance with company values. To provide HR advice and guidance to Directors, managers and employees.
The successful candidate will be prepared to carry out the following duties:
* Provide an efficient, effective and customer focused HR service which supports all aspects of an employee’s relationship and engagement with the Company including recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, training and development activities, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and company policies.
* Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice
* Support staff at all levels by providing advice on a full range of HR matters, to ensure the effective management of staff to achieve business needs
* Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in accordance with the Company’s policy and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work
* Support the HR dept in maintaining a clear understanding and up to date knowledge of the legal framework by ensuring all HR policies are up to date and reviewed regularly to ensure they meet best practice
* Support the business in all elements of the recruitment and the on boarding of employee’s including interviews, company inductions, probation periods etc.
* Ensure all data on manual and computerised records is held in line with guidelines and is accurate and up to date
* Ensure that all holidays and absence are recorded accurately on the Time and Attendance software - resolve any employee queries
* Support the HR dept in the management of the company pension scheme for all employees e.g. auto enrolment, starters, leavers, communication with Statehouse Finance, pension contributions
* Provide administration support to Line Managers for the implementation of performance reviews
* Ensure all data on SAP is correct and up to date
* Support the HR dept in processing weekly and monthly payroll in-line with company guidelines - resolve any employee queries
* Support the HR dept in the management of a major contract to ensure the correct service level is received
* Support the HR dept in the management of the Company Long Service Award Scheme
* Support the Business Administrator in providing a weekly schedule to senior managers of travel plans & visitor arrangements
* Support the Business Administrator in the answering of telephones and external communications, first responder to telephones in the Business Administrators absence
* Taking of Weekly communication minutes and distribution of said minutes to those concerned
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
* A can do/proactive & positive attitude - We are a very busy department and require a job focused, self starter.
* SAP Experience
* Payroll experience
* A general knowledge of HR practices/policies - We require a HR Assistant with a wide breadth of knowledge from payroll, employment law,dealing with pensions, recording/monitoring absence and taking minutes as well as many other duties.
We are a rapidly growing business with a history of success, we offer an excellent work environment and a hardworking, close knit team. Please apply today if interested!
- General Administration