HR Assistant - Vertas Group Limited
Circa £19,000 per annum dependent upon skills and experience
37.5 hours per week
Vertas is the fastest growing multi-services facilities management company in the East of England. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do. Our success in obtaining new contracts with our innovative solutions and our commitment to delivering excellence has created new positions within the business.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an HR Assistant to join our busy HR Team at our Head Office in Ipswich. This is a key role providing full administration support to the HR Advisors and Recruitment Advisor.
If you have a passion for HR and delivering excellent customer service and want to make the difference then get in touch today.
Main responsibilities for the HR Assistant:
- Take full accountability for the New Starter on-boarding process, including generating contracts of employment, adding new starters to the HR & Payroll System, requesting references and scanning all new starter document for the electronic Personal File.
- Be accountable for the legal onboarding process for new starters, including processing DBS applications in line with DBS Regulations and code of conduct and collating right to work documents in line with the Immigration at Work Act.
- Maintain the HR systems, including adding new starters and removing leavers from a Time & Attendance, Absence Management system and Intranet.
- Management of the group HR and careers inbox and responding to HR and general recruitment queries.
- Provide support on the recruitment process, the creation of contracts of employment and authorising employment changes within the HR and Payroll system.
- Management of the Maternity Leave process.
- Respond to Self Service system (My View) queries, including annual leave, reporting line changes, etc.
- Respond to requests for employment references of existing and/or ex-employees in a timely manner.
- Manage Personal Data, such as leaver personal files, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and internal process.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required by either the Head of HR or the HR Business Partner.
The HR Assistant will have:
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage a range of tasks effectively and within agreed standards and deadlines and have flexibility towards working hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external people at different levels
Closing Date: 20/03/2018
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below to make the difference today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job