HR Assistant - Major Retailer!
JOB ROLE: HR Assistant - Major Retailer!
JOB TYPE: Temporary
HOURS: 2 weeks induction: Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 5.30, 40hours. After induction hours will be Wednesday to Sunday or Sunday to Wednesday, 6:00am - 16.30pm (30 minute break)
COMPANY TYPE: Major Retailer
START DATE: ASAP - no notice period
My client, an amazing well known Global Retailer based in Stoke are looking to take on a professional HR Assistant to join their team.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. That's our slogan, and we stand by it. So, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can to support all our team members which is why we are now introducing this role within the HR Team supporting our Delivery Station teams in the UK. Working closely with Human Resources and the leadership team to ensure a great experience for our associates and managers, if you have an interest in Human Resources this could be the right opportunity to help you move into this field.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be the first point of contact for our associates and will drive a positive associate experience.
- Dealing with day to day queries (e.g. pay, attendance, policy guidance) and where necessary directing queries to the best person or team to deal with them.
- Managing our time and attendance system, ensuring our people are paid correctly and we have no payroll discrepancies.
- People related administration and coordination tasks (e.g. new starter processes, expenses queries).
- Providing accurate and timely management information, and ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records.
- Supporting HR and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects including support for engagement activity.
- Our operations are large scale and operate 7 days a week, the role will be based on 40 hours over 4 days a week (this will include weekend and evenings).
Who are we looking for?
- You are naturally customer obsessed; ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain close to the detail and working to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Good IT competence (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, HR systems e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Confidence in verbal and written communication in English.
- High volume administration experience (including systems/database administration) in HR, recruitment or payroll.
- Experience of working with hourly paid employees.
- Someone who can work independently; multitask, organise and prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must together with comfort handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information).
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality, and ensuring the integrity of HR records and conduct.
- Being a trusted and professional ambassador for HR and Leadership team.
- An enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn and flexible in approach.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and HR / Payroll practices would be advantageous.
Knowledge of basic employment law and HR / Payroll practices would be advantageous.
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line.
If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by OA, Partnership Branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'