The HR team ensure that talent management is an integral part of the overall management of the firm - they hire, develop and retain the highest calibre talent. The company foster a results-driven culture by working closely with senior management and line managers to create a workplace that brings out the best in people. Their mission is to strategically drive the business forward in all aspects relating to people and culture.
How will your day look?
As a HR assistant, you responsibilities will typically include:
- Recruitment support - for both experienced hires and graduates, including interview scheduling, consolidating feedback and test results, ongoing discussion with recruitment firms and candidates, updating job specifications and marketing materials and checking that candidate CVs meet minimum requirements
- Training & development support - scheduling and coordinating training, consolidating feedback, assisting with ad hoc research on training providers
- Benefits administration - supporting the annual benefits review process and liaising with providers
- HR Reporting - extracting and organising data from HRIS for monthly HR reports
- Contributing as a team member to the overall evolution of our HR strategy and ensuring we maintain a high quality, well managed, organised and driven staff roster
- General HR administration, assisting with the onboarding process for new hires, compiling reports and ad hoc research, including updating our systems with absenteeism records and staff details, as well as supporting the ongoing automation and design of our HRIS and HR data management processes
What makes a great candidate?
In order for you to get the most out of this role, you’ll need to have:
- A-Levels at grade A/B and a minimum 2.1 class degree obtained from a Russell Group (or international equivalent) University
- Prior work experience in a similar HR business partner, HR operations or talent acquisition role (minimum of 6 month’s post-graduate experience)
- A good understanding of either recruitment processes or aspects of the employee life-cycle
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high quality of work while executing quickly
- Curiosity and an ability to question, challenge and develop processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external parties
- Basic MS Excel is a minimum requirement
- Experience working with HR Information Systems or a recruitment database
- Strong motivation and drive to work in a hedge fund / buy-side firm