Duncan Lewis was established in 1998 and employs in excess of 750 staff and consultants across London and the UK.
Duncan Lewis is LEXCEL accredited and proud to have achieved GOLD Investors in People Status since 2009, being the first Law Firm to achieve this, and only one of three Law Firms in England and Wales to have achieved GOLD status.
We are now looking for an experienced HR assistant to join the HR team to primarily deal with our recruitment and induction activities for our offices in London and around the UK, but also to get involved in other generalist HR areas as and when required.
This role will be part of a team of five people in the HR team based in the Head Office in Harrow on the Hill, reporting to the HR Manager.
The main activities of this role include:
- Administration of the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the recruitment cycle is complete in line with business requirements (including CV search, use of approved media, liaising with external agencies and providers, assist with short listing, interview arrangements, processing of feedback and creation of employment offer documentation, checking of visas/certs etc.).
- Managing all new starter administration and ensuring employee files are correctly logged and uploaded with our HR India back up support team.
- Project work - to include creating best practice management guides for Supervisors and Directors on people related activities. Improving efficiencies and processes, policy development and review, other as and when required.
Essential criteria to apply:
- Minimum of three A levels at (C or above) or equivalent.
- Solid work experience in administration in a fast paced office environment
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage workload under pressure
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and particularly at Senior Management level on a daily basis
- Refined written skills - the ability to write clear and professional emails
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- Professional manner, pro-active approach to work and a team player
- Demonstrate the ability to work confidentially, remaining discreet at all times
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and ability to work with databases
Prior HR administration experience is desirable and/or legal experience, however this is not essential and full training will be provided.
This is an urgent role and we will only consider applicants that meet the above criteria. Please apply with a covering letter stating your salary expectations for this role and how you meet the above criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"