Umbrella rate: £12.33 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Assistant Advisor on a 3 month contract. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
To support the team in the provision of professional and effective HR service, in accordance with policies and procedure, good practice and employment legislation.
To act as a point of contact for enquiries to the Strategic HR team, responding to initial enquiries, providing initial advice, and escalating queries as appropriate for more complex advice.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Be a point of contact to provide an initial HR response to queries by telephone and email from managers, employees and external agencies, and signpost to the appropriate HR team member for more complex advice.
- Manage the HR Team global email inboxes, answering and escalating queries as appropriate in line with the customer service level agreements in place.
- Support with the co-ordination and organisation of medical appointments and Physio referrals for our sold service customers.
- Liaise with Firstcare to update the absence monitoring system of any staff changes on behalf of our sold service customers.
- Co-ordinate and organise learning and development events on behalf of our sold service customers.
- Co-ordinate and organise learning and development events delivered by the Strategic HR team.
- Co-ordinate and organise Job Evaluation Panels and maintain the filing system and associated trackers.
- Produce regular reports and statistics as required on HR performance against agreed performance indicators.
- Co-ordinate and organise Member appeals.
- Act as the first point of contact for Strategic HR related SAR requests and be responsible for ensuring that the team deadlines for responses are met.
- Participate on project work with colleagues as required to identify opportunities for service improvements and contribute to the development and delivery of projects.
- Provide support to employees on the redeployment register when required.
- Co-ordinate archiving data and retrieval of data from archive storage on behalf of the Strategic HR team.
- Raise and process invoices and purchase orders, in line with standing financial instructions, on behalf of the Strategic HR team, maintaining information for budget monitoring as required.
- Organise and attend, take minutes and undertake follow up actions at regular meetings, including Trade Unions, working party and project team meetings. Provide support to ad hoc working groups including research, drafting of communications and inputting data.
- Proactively engage with HRA's to provide support for the management of lower level casework.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Experience of acting as a point of contact for customer enquiries, and of providing initial advice about HR queries.
- Experience of effectively dealing with challenging customers
- Excellent customer service skills, both face to face as well as by phone and email
- Experience of carrying out research into best practice, employment law and current developments in HR
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Basic knowledge of the principles of employment legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of local government and the context in which it operates.
- Experience of using financial systems
- Experience of using systems to update intranet and website pages.
- Demonstrable IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- CIPD part qualified
- Human Resources
- HR Advisor
- HR Assistant
- HR Adminstrator
- New Starters
- HR Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job