Benefit Cosmetics UK – HR Apprentice
Benefit is currently searching for amazing candidates to join our Head Office team on our new Apprenticeship programmes. During 2018, we will be recruiting across a number of departments and roles, with qualifications to match, so if you want to earn while you learn in an amazing environment, Benefit could be your perfect match.
We will be running an Apprenticeships Open Evening on Monday 16th April 2018 at 5.00pm. If you would like to hear more about our brand and the opportunities we have planned for now and the near future please contact Amanda Wood directly on / to book your place!
Already found your perfect match? If the HR Apprenticeship if the one for you, please go ahead and apply via the button below. All candidates who are a match to the job spec will automatically be invited to the open evening on 16th April so we can get to meet you.
To support the department in all HR related administration whilst gaining a Level 3, HR Support Qualification. You will gain on the job experience and 20% off the job learning.
Please note that this role will be based at our Head Office in Chelmsford, Essex (and will be based specifically within the HR Department).
- Responsible for ensuring that all HR administration for store-based employees is effective and up to date.
- To ensure that all new starters receive the relevant starter pack within the required time frame.
- Manage the Maternity and Absence procedures.
- To ensure all Benefit employees are sent a contract within 24 hours.
- To ensure any changes are processed within the required time frame.
- Contact all new Counter Managers within their first week of starting, ensuring they have all the relevant documentation and uniform.
- Ensure the relevant people are advised of any resignations.
- To ensure all store staff are sent Post Induction Questionnaires.
- To ensure all store staff are sent Exit Interviews.
- To ensure that all Benefit employees have reference requests completed within 1 week of joining.
General Administration / Duties
- Answer the phone when required ensuring that messages are passed to the relevant person.
- Ensure the Personnel database is fully updated and accurate.
- Administration of the product allocation procedure for all eligible employees.
- Monitor new starter product and uniform stock at head office. Place required orders via the Operations team.
- Attend weekly meeting with HR Advisor and Co-ordinator to discuss all current ER cases and on-going projects.
- To gather and submit figures to the HR Co-ordinator for monthly/ad hoc reports.
Legislation and Employment Law
- To consistently develop knowledge of current legislation and new and proposed employment law.
- To ensure all Benefit payroll contracts have evidence of the right to work on their personal file.
- Liaise with payroll as appropriate, ensuring that all deadlines are achieved.
- Beginners Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Planning & Organisation skills
- Good Team worker
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, including Maths, English & ICT, A*-C grade / grade 4 or above
HR Support, Level 3 Modules (Awarding Body Partner – CIPD)
The successful candidate will be placed on a Level 3 HR Support qualification (equivalent standard to A-Level) with our partner provider and will cover the following six modules, as well as a selection of optional units which will be agreed with the successful candidate.
- Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources or Learning and Development Practitioner
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources
- Recording, Analysing and Using Human Resources Information
- Resourcing Talent
- Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management
Please note that our apprenticeships will operate on the National Apprenticeship Wage of £3.70 per hour