We are seeking an experienced HR and Payroll professional with previous Payroll or HR administration, payroll processing and / or employee benefits experience. This is a newly created role as a result of continued growth in this progressive and fast-moving Exeter based business. They are migrating their payroll processing inhouse, and this will sit firmly within the HR team, reporting to the Employee Services Manager, you will be actively involved in managing the HR administration and payroll processing of over 200 monthly paid staff across the group of businesses.
The successful candidate will come from a HR or Payroll background and have an interest in managing a payroll function as part of the wider HR remit. This is a senior and business critical role for the HR team here and the successful candidate will come from a forward thinking commercial environment.
Duties and responsibilities for the HR and Payroll Officer will include:
- Processing the payroll for all employees on a monthly basis
- Ownership of the payroll system to include starters, leavers, salary amendments, pensions, benefits and so on
- Acting as first line point of contact for all transactional HR employee related queries from Annual Leave and holiday booking to employee benefits and deductions
- Supporting employees across the group with the newly implemented employee self-service system
- Coordinate employee contracts, new starters, offer letters and on-boarding
- Managing employee compensation and benefits changes and amendments
- Processing and administering salary sacrifice, P11d, and all related matters
- Supporting the broader HR function, and assisting the HR team, Directors and SMT as required Managing your own HR projects as part of this ever-evolving organisation
Key skills and attributes for the HR and Payroll Officer are:
- A flexible, positive and team orientated attitude - no two days will be the same here and the needs of the business can sometimes change quickly!
- Strong HR and payroll experience, ideally Sage payroll, and the ability to own the payroll process
- Working knowledge of all financial and taxation elements of PAYE compensation and benefits
- A detail conscious person who is accurate, careful and enjoys ensuring the work they produce is 100% correct
- A competent project manager, able to deliver results from a brief with minimal supervision
- A desire to assume responsibility and be accountable for your own workload and tasks
- Proactive, solutions orientated and able to contribute ideas and improvements when necessary
- High degree of attention to detail, task focussed
- A sparky, dynamic and professional individual who enjoys making a difference in their role and who takes pride in what they do.
Closely aligned to the HR function, this is not a finance-based Payroll position, and the day to day duties will include extensive liaison and support to the staff, and a broad and varied workload.
The working environment, culture, remuneration and benefits are exceptional. They are open to either full time or part time working hours for the right person. They are one of Exeter’s most successful group of companies and one of the most desirable employers in the South West.
If you have the skills and experience stated, and you wish to apply for the HR and Payroll Officer, we would love to hear from you.