My client, one of the largest Travel Insurance Company in the UK, are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a fast paced established team. You will be working in their impressive corporate offices, responsible for drafting contracts of employment and employee life-cycle letters, you will maintain and update the HR and payroll system. You will also be responsible for accurately administrating and ad-hoc processing the company payroll for over 250 employees including employees on shift work, part time hours, contracted staff and timesheets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has payroll and HR administration experience and has a passion to develop and grow within our fast-paced business.
- To prepare contracts of employment and new starter documentation for new starters.
- To carry out reference checks and Experian Employment Checks.
- To prepare HR life-cycle letters such as probation letters, flexible working request letters, leaver letters, reference requests etc..
- To update and maintain the HR and payroll system (Cascade) with all employee changes.
- To follow the guidelines of GDPR when handling personal data and information.
- To provide payroll support on an ad-hoc basis.
- To provide payroll cover for holiday and absence.
- To create a seamless link between the HR and payroll teams.
- To understand and apply with payroll compliance, including knowledge of rules and regulations to process payroll.
- To have experience in processing pensions under autoenrollment and have knowledge of autoenrollment regulations.
- Communicating with employees about payroll calculations.
- To refer to a manager when any work falls outside their area of knowledge or expertise.
Personal Qualities & Key Skills:
- Vast payroll knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a HR administration role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A very keen and sharp eye for attention to detail.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise work load.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Confident with working out mathematical equations for payroll (i.e. to pro rata part time staff).
- Methodical with problem solving skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and within a team.
- Motivated and keen.
- You must be trusted to keep sensitive work information confidential at all times.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job