THE TRAILER – A BIT ABOUT US
Vue is part of Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators. From the brands creation in 2003 we have grown rapidly and now have a presence across 10 countries, winning numerous awards for both our service and innovation along the way.
This role focuses solely on the UK and Ireland business. With 843 screens across 87 sites nationwide, the UK&I remains the biggest territory serving over 30 million customers every year and employing nearly 4000 people.
Our Head Office, based in Chiswick Park, West London offers a vibrant, fast paced environment where our employees work tirelessly to look for new ways of working and innovations that ensure we remain widely recognised as a leader in out-of-home entertainment and the ‘big screen’ experience.
ACT 1 – THE ROLE
We have a unique opportunity for a HR and Benefits Manager to lead our UK and Ireland HR Shared Services and Administration department. Reporting into the HR Operations Manager the HR and Benefits Manager will drive HR operational excellence by ensuring all HR administration, systems, processes and procedures are consistently managed and accurately delivered to the required standards and timelines.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Coach, up-skill, mentor and challenge direct reports to deliver HR operational requirements to required standards & timelines.
- Ensure all HR Administration, processes, procedures and projects are consistently managed and delivered accurately at all times to a high quality
- Continuously identify HR process improvements
- Drive all actions on the new starter and leaver checklists
- Oversee the compliance and processing of all new starters, leavers and change of details
- Manage all aspects of benefit administration (Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, Private Healthcare, Pensions, Irish Pensions, Irish Healthcare, Company Cars, Corporate Gym Membership)
- Support the payroll function to ensure all UKI and Group employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Support the Payroll Manager in handling payroll related queries
- Assist with the weekly and monthly reporting of payroll data ensuring accuracy
- In the absence of the Payroll Manager, ensure the Payroll sign of packs provided by CAPITA are accurate, reconciled and produced on time to the HR Operations Manager for sign off in line with Payroll cut off deadlines
- Assist in the collating and processing of ad-hoc complex HRMI data and reports
- Assist the HR Director UKI and HR Operations Manager with monthly and quarterly Headcount and Budget reports
- Provide ad hoc reports when needed for HR Operations Manager and/or Executive Team providing insights and identifying key trends in data.
- Support the administration and reporting for annual bonus and pay review
- Support the HR Operations Manager with business change projects providing admin support and production of data that enables decision making processes
- Provide ad hoc general administration support to the HR Operations Manager, HR Director UKI and the Executive Director of Group HR
ACT 2 – WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Experience of operating at a Senior HR Advisor/Junior Manager level in a diverse generalist HR support role supporting large teams
- Proven ability to manage a high volume of workload with changing and often reactive deadlines
- Proven ability to produce data from a variety of sources to create management reports and models using advanced Excel analyse data/trends to inform decision making.
- Experience of preparing employee offer letters, employment contracts and contract changes
- Experience of providing support to line managers across the business, face to face or over the phone
- Able to demonstrate solid examples of improving HR processes and procedures that drive quality and efficiencies
- Experience managing basic payroll process and queries
- Good sense of humour
THE FINALE – WHY YOU’LL WANT IT
- A competitive salary
- 23 Days’ Holiday (pro-rata plus bank holidays), increasing by one day with every year of service up to a maximum of 25
- Employer Contributory Pension Plan, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance
- Unlimited free cinema tickets for yourself and up to 4 guests plus 40% off concessions