Howdens Joinery are looking for an experienced HR & Payroll Systems Analyst based in our Croxley Park office in Watford. This is a challenging and varied role and would suit an excellent analytical thinker who has great communication and relationship building skills.
Reporting to the HR & Payroll Systems Lead, you will play a key role in ensuring that the HR & Payroll Systems are supported and managed. You’ll do this by working with the business, IT departments and suppliers to identify clear and accurate requirements, define the technical specifications, implement and test the changes or new systems whilst supporting the day to day systems performance and issues.
As a HR & Payroll Systems Analyst, you’ll provide on-going technical systems administration of our HR and Payroll systems (primarily Northgate ResourceLink, Cornerstone, aCloud Recruitment and Kronos), including creating and reviewing functional documents, supporting the project manager during the delivery of projects, preparing and executing testing, extracting data and reports and managing system upgrades, release updates and resolving issues in production.
Within Howden, the group has three separate HR teams and two payroll teams which are aligned to the three different divisions of Howdens: Trade, Supply and Corporate & Information Systems. In addition to this, Howdens is also based in Europe. Working as part of the Information Systems Division, you will support the HR and Payroll systems for the whole group ensuring that you’re aware of the different business processes and ways of working for each area.
Key skills and experienced required:
- An in-depth knowledge of the employee lifecycle covering all HR and payroll processes, IT systems and legislation including data protection
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication and written skills with the ability to convey clear and concise thoughts and ideas
- Good interpersonal and customer friendly skills with experience working within a multi-disciplinary and cross cultural environment
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and team members to reach common goals and develop strong working relationships throughout the business
- Proven experience in maintaining successful relationships between business, IT and 3rd party vendors.
- Able to demonstrate experience in gathering and analyzing requirements then translating them into technical specifications
- Experience with implementing and supporting HR and payroll systems
- Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Experience in testing systems such as unit and system integration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently as a positive self-starter and proactive problem solver
- Experience implementing and supporting HR and Payroll systems including HR, benefits, absence management, compensation, reporting and talent management.
- Good numerate skills especially with payroll processing and calculations
- Experience in Microsoft office suite
Howdens Joinery is a highly successful business, with more than 650 depots nationwide and more than 8,000 staff. Last year our sales reached circa £1.3 billion and we continue to experience significant growth and success. Despite our scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We have a very competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, company bonus and pension, free refreshments and snacks, onsite car parking, great social events and a friendly and supportive working environment. As well as the opportunity to develop within a high profile FTSE 250 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job