Lancashire County Council and Reed Education have a successful ongoing partnership to provide Whole School Recruitment to schools across North West. We are currently recruiting x2 HR Advisors to work across an Academy Trust's sites.
The first role is to work across two settings in the Blackburn area.
The second role is to work across three sites, located around the North West.
Both roles are a 6 month FTC at 37 hours per week.
You will be reporting to the Trust's HR Partner and the salary is between £26,000 to £28,000 per annum - adjusted pro rata.
Interviews are expected to take place towards the end of January with successful candidates being appointed after this time.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- Willing to travel across sites
- Working in a busy HR setting
- Providing support on the full recruitment cycle including preparing adverts, job descriptions, and contracts of employment
- Confidence to communicate to staff on all levels
- Ability to use Microsoft Software
- Desirable experience with HR Databases
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for providing advisory and administrative support to the Schools in the North West.
- Supporting the HR Partner and Chief People Officer.
- Travel across the sites is a necessity, and national travel may be required on one occasion, termly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing appropriate advice and guidance to school leaders, ensuring that advice is in line with Trust policies and best practice.
- Support on the production of census data.
- Ensuring that probationary reviews are logged and escalated to the HR Manager where necessary.
- Supporting the appraisal process.
- Supporting on formal investigations.
- Take minutes in meetings where required.
- Support all Schools with absence management including arranging meetings with SLT.
- Liaising with payroll on any pay changes such as sick pay entitlements and maternity leave with regards to the Trust's policies.
- Provision of support on restructuring.
- Make recommendations for improved policies.
During non-term times transferring paper personnel files from all schools into electronic files ensuring all personnel files are accurate and up to date.
Responsibility for the Safer Recruitment Cycle:
- Preparing job descriptions, job adverts, reviewing suitability of interview questions, support on shortlisting and pre-employment checks.
- Liaison with PAs over senior manager availability for interviews.
- Preparation of offers and contracts of employment.
- Undertake DBS checks.
- Maintain SCR.
- Undertaking references and escalating to the HR Manager where necessary.
- Maintenance of personnel files.
- Payroll administration.
- New Starters and leavers administration.
- Operating at all times within the stated policies and practices of the Trust and the wider Trust.
- Know and understand the Trust's equal opportunities policy and equalities legislation and implement in relation to job responsibilities in employment and service delivery.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'