This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join a well established company in Milton Keynes.
- Previous experience as a HR Advisor or HR Officer
- Ability to accurately process payroll for an external provider and co-ordinate monthly payroll activities and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of HR systems and procedures
- A positive “Can do” attitude
- Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, Cascade).
Previous knowledge and experience of general HR Advisor or Officer duties.
- To assist the HR Manager with the implementation of the strategy for HR management and development.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR Manager. This will include typing all internal and external HR correspondence, recruitment, contractual and payroll documentation.
- To effectively advise managers on all policies, procedures and legislative changes.
- To maintain accurate records on the HR System (Cascade). This includes personnel, training and recruitment records as well as implementing workflows to streamline the process of keeping up to date records.
- To effectively maintain other HR systems such as Objective Manager and Peakon.
- To assist the HR Manager with the administration of all of the firm’s benefit schemes (Perkbox, Workplace Nursery Scheme etc.).
- To maintain accurate and up to date electronic filing of all records.
- To record, monitor, administer and report on information regarding equal opportunities, absence, sickness, holidays etc for the purpose of ensuring that records are produced accurately and timely for SSP reporting and payroll.
- Accurately prepare new starter documentation for the HR Manager including but not limited to offer letters, contracts, staff handbooks and induction packs.
- To take responsibility for booking and co-ordinating all training activity for teams in addition to induction training.
- Attending to all administration related to staff leaving the firm (using Leaver Checklist) and updating relevant records.
- To assist with all payroll administration on a monthly basis and to liaise with the HR Manager regarding new starters, leavers and any other changes in an employees’ employment details. To accurately complete a monthly payroll reconciliation for Accounts reporting.
- To assist with the administration of the Performance Management Programme and follow up of completed reviews within timescales.
- To review and recommend improvements to current HR systems, processes, policies and procedures and subsequent implementation.
- To be responsible for referring, as far as possible, all IT problems within the HR team to the IT Team and escalated to IT Manager if necessary.
- To be proactive in supporting any and all other HR related activities showing a “Can do” attitude at all times.
To be successful for this role you need to have :
- Proven track record in an HR role
- Ability to be pro-active in driving the HR Strategy
- Well developed communication, organisational and team working skills
- Ability to be assertive
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
Minimum part CIPD qualified or recently qualified and looking for the next step in your HR career.
If you have the necessary skills and experience please apply online now, or call Kristine on for more information, alternatively email your most updated CV to
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'