Yolk is working with a global business with an operation in Bridgend to recruit a HR Advisor for a busy HR function. This is a newly created position to support the HR Manager and Senior HR advisor in a generalist role for this distribution site with c150 employees locally. You’ll have the opportunity to partner and take HR ownership of a large department and work closely with colleagues across the globe. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a high performing and professional HR function locally and with a global reach that also supports CPD.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with HR colleagues to ensure alignment and collaboration with HR departments across the globe
- Partnering with a business area to create a step change in line manager capability
- Provide guidance and coach on legislation, policies and procedures, promoting best practice to managers.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Influence the development and implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
- Provide support and guidance to employees on terms and conditions of employment and HR policy and practice.
- Support and oversee employee relations issues including disciplinary, grievance and capability across the organisation.
- Ownership of HR projects and initiatives through to completion. Support the HR Manager to deliver global projects.
- Lead on site absence management including the recording of absence, managing absence data, providing reports, supporting managers with their team absence levels, organising and participating in absence meetings and case management.
- Enter and verify monthly payroll changes, trouble shooting any anomalies.
- Lead the recruitment and selection of permanent and agency staff. Responsible for successful on-boarding of new starters and delivering company induction.
- Update and maintain ERP Systems including HR systems. Ensure information is accurate and relevant in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Support the implementation of metrics and review monthly to identify trends and action plan opportunities to improve.
- Analyse data and produce regular and ad hoc KPI and metric reporting.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to fulfil this HR Advisor post;
- CIPD Level 5
- Experience of working as HR Advisor or similar role
- Able to demonstrate exposure to the following: dealing with complex employee relations cases, absence management, stakeholder management, employee engagement, policy writing and updating.
- Able to contribute to change management initiatives
- Able to manage the implementation of HR initiatives / projects
- Able to build relationships and influence and impact key stakeholders
- Able to work well in busy conditions and to operate effectively within a team
- Able to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Able to use a variety of HRIS and related IT solutions.
- Sound knowledge of current employment law
- Strong MS Office skills, numerate and competent in Excel.
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return
The successful HR Advisor will be well rewarded as per below;
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Profit share scheme
- Regular work social events
- Free parking
- Life Cover
Think this one’s for you
If you think this HR Advisor role is for you then apply online to Nici Jones at Yolk Recruitment
- Employment Law
- Microsoft Excel
- CIPD qualified
- HR Policies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'