HR Advisor - 12 month FTC
Without people, no business can thrive. NewLaw is no exception. Over the past year, NewLaw Solicitors have invested into the People Team to ensure the right people are in the right place driving the company forward ensuring our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Now, one of our HR Business Partners is having a baby! This wonderful news means we now have the opportunity to offer a 12 month FTC to a generalist HR Advisor looking to get involved in several projects within the HR team.
A day in the life of an HR Advisor at NewLaw will involve:
- HR Projects - Supporting the delivery of the HR Strategy, you’ll lead on, and participate in, the delivery of HR projects such as employee engagement Survey supporting wellbeing initiatives, and ED&I activity.
- HR Policies and Procedures - This role will involve reviewing current, and writing up new, HR policies & procedures while also providing support to ensure these are embedded throughout the organisation.
- Employee Relations - You’ll provide advice and support to line managers, preparing case documentation and ensuring procedural timescales are adhered to for all cases including discipline, grievance, performance, attendance, and ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management.
- HR Management Information - You’ll support in compiling and presenting HR management information and produce reports using the HR system.
You’ll also gain experience in other areas including learning & development and training delivery, recruitment & selection and pay & reward.
To be a successful HR Advisor within NewLaw, you’ll need the below skills:
- Personal Effectiveness - It’s essential for the role that you have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage your time and prioritise tasks to deliver work accurately to tight deadlines to make the boat go faster !. You’ll also be able to work with diplomacy and assertiveness, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Communication - You’ll be a strong communicator and able to build relationships with our people across the business. You’ll be confident in delivering training workshops, report writing and presenting information to a variety of colleagues.
- IT - You’ll spend your time using Microsoft Office to its full potential and the all new HR system going live in January 2020!
In return for your commitment and expertise, we offer:
- A salary between £28k and £30k dependant on experience.
- 31 days annual leave (this includes bank/public holidays)
- A 20% discount with EE.
- Local shop discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
- City Centre location right by Queens Street Station, 10 min walk from Cardiff Central.
- And of course, Pension.
Why would you want to work with NewLaw?
NewLaw is a leading specialist law firm and is part of Redde Group PLC. NewLaw is ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for three areas; Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Private Client services. Our fresh approach to managing personal injury claims has made us a major force in the sector since we were first established in 2004. Our teams of specialists provide a service that 95% of our clients would recommend.
If you like what we have to offer and want to hear more, please apply today!
- Human Resources
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'