Benefits: 28 days annual leave excluding bank hols (rising to 31 following five years’ service), Performance related bonus, Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme, Pension scheme (10% employer contribution), Herts Rewards (discounts and cashback offers), Learning and development opportunities and many more benefits.
Contract: Permanent, Term-time plus 2 weeks per year (40 weeks working). Full time, 37 hours per week - but part-time working considered of 4 days per week.
Salary: Highly competitive salary of up to £34,000 p.a. FTE (dependent on experience) plus excellent pension and performance bonus
Location: Based in Stevenage
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with drive, energy, enthusiasm and the ability to juggle multiple, varied and interesting cases and projects across a spectrum of schools of all shapes and sizes.
They will have had exposure to fast-paced environments with commercial constraints, for example retail, food & leisure or financial services; prior experience within the education sector or local government would be of benefit but not an essential criteria.
Main areas of responsibility
The role requires a solid understanding and confidence in facilitating employee relations matters, with experience of supporting people change projects, recruitment and delivering training workshops.
The HR Advisor will be responsible for:
- Providing professional and consistent advice across a range of HR areas, including pay and performance, ill health, disciplinary, grievance and capability working closely with Head-teachers, Governors and school leaders
- Effectively supporting employee relations cases through to resolution, guiding compliance with ACAS guidelines and minimising exposure where possible to employment tribunals
- Maintaining excellent client relationships with schools and other key stakeholders, such as Trade Union representatives
- Where necessary, working closely with legal representatives to ensure cases are managed in the most appropriate and professional way, minimising risk for the schools we serve
- Providing advice on restructuring and redundancy and the TUPE process for affected schools and education settings where required
- Keeping abreast of national policy changes, HR and employment law developments to inform practice and services within the team
- Developing and delivering resources, and training and advice sessions for schools and settings to raise awareness of people management topics and help build capability in schools
- School Business Management staff
- Trade Union representatives
- HR stakeholders in related areas eg Payroll providers, Herts County Council
- Legal representatives
- HFL colleagues e.g. School Effectiveness Advisors
This is a really exciting, fast paced environment which is also incredibly rewarding in the difference we make to schools and the impact we have on children’s lives.
The successful candidate will be mentored through their on-boarding experience and have the support of our experienced team.
With a proven track record of success in an HR generalist role, the ideal candidate will be able to display the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Commercially minded individual with proven experience in providing professional and consistent advice to stakeholders across a range of HR issues
- Experience of operating in public, education or not for profit sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge of employment law, knowledge of Education sector employment law an advantage
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Member of the CIPD, or equivalent qualification, or in the process of gaining accreditation
- Ability to demonstrate impact - engaging to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Well-organised individual with ability to manage multiple cases at once
- Flexible team player
- Able to analyse complex information and make robust decisions, knowing when to seek further advice
- Able to use discretion and exercise professional judgement
- Strong commitment to Herts for Learning’s mission
- Ability to demonstrate Herts for Learning’s core values of Flexibility, High Quality and Learning
- Strong passion for delivering exceptional service
If you want to know more then visit the Herts for Learning website and check out the job outline.
Ready to apply...send a cover letter along with a detailed CV via REED. Kindly note we will ask you to complete an application form.
We would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd September 2019 at midnight
Interview Dates: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th September 2019
- Development Opportunities
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- People Change
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'