Would you like to work for a record-breaking team where your work will have a direct impact across the business? JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join the people team and be based from our Greengate Brewery in Manchester. You will gain exposure in all aspects of Human Resource Management and support with improving employee engagement within JW Lees. The role is fast paced, challenging yet rewarding and we can confidently say that "no two days will be the same". Would you be interested in taking your career to the next level and working for a Sixth Generation Independent Family Brewer? If so, read on…
The focus of the role is to support with the overall aim of making JW Lees the best Regional Brewer to work for in the UK. Your aim is to ensure that your customers and our team members rise to the top of their career, are ambassadors of JW Lees across the industry and deliver outstanding results.
As a HR generalist, you will support the day to day running of the people function and ensure that in addition to providing advice to line managers in all aspects of HR you support the delivery of key projects which will help to drive the people agenda for the company.
Working with multiple stakeholders across varying elements and locations of the business at any one time it’s up to you to plan and prioritise your day to ensure you maximise your contribution. You will need to be able to set the highest standards with regards to displaying and demonstrating our key values while working closely with our Directors, Heads of Departments and Pub Managers to ensure the same.
- You will be a self-starter, have excellent management and communication skills and have the ability to keep a cool head under pressure while dealing with a number of differing priorities at any one time.
- You will have experience of dealing with all aspects of employee relation matters and feel comfortable providing clear and concise advice to line managers.
- You will be either be CIPD qualified or working towards it.
- You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages including Excel and be able to manipulate data in order to identify trends.
- Being planned, structured and organised are essential to being successful in this role along with being able to translate People Plans into practical actions that will help the teams reach their objectives and ultimately deliver overall business growth.
- Regional travel is required on occasion so mobility is an essential requirement within the North West and North Wales.
- Employee Relations- Act as the first port of call for all practical advice and solutions to all employee issues whilst ensuring each case is actioned and closed out ethically and efficiently. Maintain the log of employee relation matters.
- HR Analytics- Maintain and analyse key HR data metrics, identifying key areas for improvement.
- Absence and Capability- Supporting and coaching managers through differing people challenges to ensure the best outcome is achieved. Oversight of all 'long term’ absences and attend and support care meetings as appropriate
- TUPE- Successful transitioning of Team Members from one business to other as we purchase or transfer new businesses.
- LTO- Distinguishing between positive and negative turnover and working with the teams to develop actions to improve overall retention. Conduct exit interviews as appropriate.
- Resource Planning- Ensure the smooth running of Selima, (HR and Workforce Management Tool), making structural and process improvements as necessary.
- Policies and procedures- Devise and maintain HR policies, procedures and templates, ensuring they are legally compliant.
- Employee Engagement- Administer and launch bi-annual Employee Surveys. Support the coordination and support action plans to ensure robust actions are delivered by the teams in a timely fashion.
- Communication- Provide regular communication and updates to the team on future People Developments and forthcoming activities.
- Reward and Recognition- Support the implementation of opportunities to improve the company’s reward package and recognition schemes
- Fun- Working as part of the wider people team to develop and champion exciting initiatives across the business to drive overall engagement and enjoyment
- Succession Planning- Support the maintenance of a succession plan matrix identifying current and future vacancies and development opportunities along with identifying potential and capability of each key team member.
- Recruitment- Support recruitment activity including conducting interviews, issuing new starter paperwork including Contracts of Employment.
- Training Needs Analysis- Support the development agenda by helping to identify key opportunities that would help drive growth. Liaising with our Training Manager to deliver/source the appropriate training intervention
- Project work- Designing and delivery of strategic projects on an annual basis to support business growth, performance and efficiency
As with any successful business, change happens, so responsibilities are likely to evolve over time.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the HR Advisor extraordinaire that we’re looking for? If so, apply today and we will be back in touch regarding your application.
First stage group assessments will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday 30th January 2019 at our Greengate Brewery, Manchester. (Start time, 1pm).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'