Harvey McQueen are extremely pleased to be recruiting for our clients based in Burnley. They are looking a HR Advisor, to join their fast growing organisation. The ideal candidate will be competent within HR Administration, looking for development into a HR Advisor role, CIPD qualified or working towards. Attractive package including:
- Salary: £23 - £25k.
- Full-time permanent position
- Monday-Friday, 8.30-5pm
- 32 days holiday
- Quarterly customer satisfaction bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks
- Company discounted products
- Social events
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
Key Purpose of Post:
The purpose of the role is to provide support to employees and managers Support on everything HR, along the employment journey, from entrance to exit and everything in between.
The post will also focus on ensuring robust HR reporting and records management which will provide meaningful MI to support future decision making. The post holder will ensure fairness and consistency with HR compliance across the business.
Main Responsibilities of Post:
- To be the first point of contact on a wide range of issues including employment law, performance and absence management, organisational change and disciplinary and grievance issues, providing flexible answers to suit the situation at hand, and you will deliver all of this utilising your coaching skills to ensure our managers continue to be strong and capable in looking after their teams.
- To provide professional advice and support to managers on employee relations matters including disciplinary, capability and grievance case management. This will include the provision of advice and support in relation to investigations, note taking, supporting with the preparation of management statements of case and attendance at hearings as appropriate.
- To oversee manager compliance with correct data entry on our HRM system to ensure robust records. To provide training and support as required to improve employee/ manager compliance/ skills. To ensure the recording and reporting of meaningful data to help influence/ inform future decisions.
- To support the Head of People & Engagement with the review and development of policies and procedures to ensure that these reflect the needs of the business, good practice and employment law.
- To support the recruitment, induction and exit process for staff joining or leaving. This may involve undertaking or supporting the full recruitment process, developing and delivering induction training or practices and undertaking confidential exit interviews as appropriate and providing feedback to the Head of People & Engagement.
- To support the development and delivery of company wide training to managers and staff as required on any relevant HR activity. To provide 1-1 or group coaching as required to support the development needs of the employees concerned.
- To attend and undertake minutes at meetings as required.
- To undertake ad hoc projects as required.
- To support the Head of People & Engagement in the delivery of the HR service in relation to their lead responsibilities.
- Knowledge and awareness of employment law and best practice - essential.
- An awareness of emerging employment law and government directives - essential.
- A good knowledge of ACAS code of practice(s) on all matters relating to employment - essential.
- An awareness of data protection legislation - essential.
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality - essential.
- Knowledge of the employment tribunal system and various stages - desirable.
- Experience of advising managers on a range of HR and employee relations cases, ie grievance, disciplinary, absence - essential.
- Experience of ensuring cases are managed in accordance with employment law and ACAS code of practice(s) - essential.
- Experience of working in a generalist HR role - essential.
- Experience of contributing to the development of HR policies and procedures - desirable.
- CIPD qualification or working towards - essential.
- Membership of the CIPD - essential.
- Evidence of continued learning/development and the practical application of this - essential.
Skills & Ability:
- Excellent interpersonal skills across all methods of communication - essential.
- High quality written ability to produce complex information in a clear and concise format - essential.
- Able to analyse and interpret data and information - essential.
- Highly organised and efficient - essential.
- Strong PC literacy skills - essential.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to deliver difficult messages in the most effective way (minimising any potential negative reaction) - essential.
- Able to communicate sensitively and in an appropriate manner - essential.
- Able to demonstrate sympathy and discretion when dealing with issues which require understanding - essential.
- Writes letters on a variety of topics which are understandable and clearly expressed - essential.
- You will be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people (both verbally and in writing) - essential.
- You are able to explain things clearly and precisely to others - essential.
- Actively listens, shares information, and proposes suggestions and solutions - essential.
- You show respect and fairness when communicating, considering the feelings of others - essential.
Don't delay apply here for immediate consideration. For further details please contact Michelle Barrett at Harvey McQueen recruitment.
- Employment Law
- CIPD qualified
- HR Policies
- Sickness Absence Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'