Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Our client's business was started in 1919 and even today, the business is run by the family. With what is now a well-developed brand, our client import and sell quality tools from all around the World.
Our client are currently recruiting for a full-time HR Advisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our newly appointed HR Manager to set up a full HR function to support the business. This is one of many positive changes within the Company and so it is a really exciting time to join us.
HR Advisor Responsibilities:
- Attract, select and recruit quality employees using cost effective methods. Ensure staff are appointed following use of a thorough selection process.
- Assist managers with temporary staffing requirements and monitor in line with AWR
- Work with the Line Managers to draw up an effective induction plan for new starters
- Monitor probation periods
- Support line managers with investigations for disciplinary/capability/ grievance hearings as requested. Attend hearings, produce notes and draft letters for outcome for approval
- Source cost effective training for the Company. Book training courses as requested and draft training agreements as required. Ensure training is evaluated formally and fed back
- Work with the Payroll Officer to ensure effective administration of all paper and electronic HR records and that data is stored/used in line with Data Protection legislation
A full job description is available on request.
The Ideal HR Advisor:
- Keen to learn about the Company and its people
- Builds great relationships
- Previous experience of working in HR at a similar level, within a manufacturing (or similar) environment
- CIPD qualified (or qualified by experience)
- Proven success with recruitment and selection
- Experience of supporting managers with disciplinary/capability/grievance investigations and hearings
- Highly organised with an attention to detail
- Able to negotiate/influence
- Trustworthy, works with integrity
- Excellent IT Skills including MS Office and experience of working with HR databases
In return for this HR Advisor position, our client offer the following: Competitive salary, holidays rising to 25 days, pension scheme and private health scheme.
To register your interest as a HR Advisor, please click ‘apply’ to send your CV and covering letter to us. Please include a note of your salary expectations.
Closing date: 7th May 2018The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job