To work with colleagues to deliver a comprehensive Human Resources service to the Council (Members, managers and staff).
To create, review and update a range of HR documents to provide sound reliable guidance to managers and staff which supports the delivery of the Council Plan, complies with employment law, is in line with good practice and consistent with the Council's Human Resources Strategy.
To provide advice and guidance to managers involved in staff restructuring as well as individual cases of discipline, grievance, absence management etc.
- Associate Member of CIPD
- Level 5 Certificate/Diploma in HRM or equivalent
- Sound experience of writing and maintaining HR policies.
- MS Word software
Skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan workload and meet deadlines.
- Good IT and keyboard skills.
- Legislation and codes of practice relating to discipline and grievance.
- Employment law and current developments.
- Equality issues in employment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of good HR practice.
- Local government issues at naional and local level.
- Ability to understand complex legislation and convert it into practical gudiance.
- Resilience to handle stressful and emotional situations.
- Be able to establish him/her as a trusted advisor.
- Have integrity and a respect of confidentiality.
- Able to deliver HR solutions in a pragmatic and service focused manner.