My client is a well-respected and long standing manufacturing company based in Leicester with 650+ employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference working within a dynamic HR team and requires a person with strong generalist experience and the ability to deal with advising and guiding managers at all levels.
As a highly experienced HR Advisor you will be responsible for the following:
• Providing proactive support and advice across the full spectrum of employee relations and employment law • Handling often complex disciplinary and grievances, ensuring full compliance to policy and legislation and a consistent approach across the site
• Work closely with trade union representatives including the head convenor, providing fair and appropriate advice and solutions and ensuring best practice is followed across the site
• Advise on current policies, processes and procedures and prevailing legislation to ensure the business is fully compliant and up to date on modern HR best practice
• Assisting managers in performance management to ensure the highest potential from employees • Manage both short and long term absence under the sickness absence policy, utilising occupational health where appropriate and managing capability where necessary
• Provide support and advice to line managers in respect to recruitment and resourcing for the full spectrum of roles, using various recruitment tools and methods. Support the Lead HR Business Partner in assessment centres and interviews, ensuring job descriptions are up to date.
• Assist with the annual appraisal process, liaising with Managers to ensure appraisals are conducted in a timely and effective manner
• Provide input to the development and delivery of any training plans ensuring that it is aligned with and supports the Company’s strategy
• Take ownership of problems, make decisions and resolve issues. Escalation and mitigation of potential risks and issues through agreed channels
• Any other duties as directed by the HR Manager and Lead HRBP. Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
• CIPD qualified preferred with demonstrable relevant experience.
• Good level of influence at all levels and ability to work with employees and Managers at all levels. • Solid knowledge of employment law with the ability to implement that knowledge to develop policy and processes, as well as advise others.
• Proven track record of building relationships with key stakeholders and success in coaching management within a busy manufacturing environment.
• Experience of working in a high pressure and fast paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines.
• Committed, driven and tenacious.