Teaching Personnel is the largest education recruitment consultancy in the UK with branches in every major city across England and Wales. Our reputation for providing schools and teachers with supply teacher services of the highest quality is underpinned by a philosophy of hard work, honesty and trust. All our staff are dedicated to having a positive impact on the lives of those in the education sector.
We are now seeking an advisor level HR generalist to join the team and provide high quality support, advice and guidance to managers and employees across the organisation. Reporting to the HR Director you will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City with frequent travel to London and our other location across the country.
As a growing business the majority of our work in HR is supporting the business to recruit a large volume of both graduates and experienced recruiters for all our locations but this is also a hands-on generalist position where you will play a key role in the delivery and implementation of other HR initiatives as part of the wider business plan.
To be considered you'll need to have a solid operational HR background and ideally experience of supporting a fast paced, multi-site business. You are likely to be CIPD (or equivalent) qualified and a successful HR Officer or similar, seeking the next step in your career.
In addition to your broad practical HR experience across the full range of HR disciplines you will also:
- Have strong, up to date knowledge of employment legislation;
- Have excellent communication skills and expertise in building and managing relationships;
- Be a self-starter, extremely organised and have a keen eye for detail;
- Be keen to roll up your sleeves and able to work effectively and efficiently to bring projects to completion;
- Have the ability to create, analyse and use data and key people metrics;
- Have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience of advertising on social media will be a distinct advantage.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week. In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary and great package of additional benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing to 28 with service)
- Free parking at our Head Office
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts and offers
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Access to a childcare voucher scheme
- Regular social events
- Company wide awards ceremonies and celebratory events
- Employee Relations; Recruitment; Benefits and Compensation; Human Resources; Business Partner