Our client has an opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join their team based in Coventry, on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a salary dependant on experience plus benefits including pension, childcare vouchers and private health care.
Our client is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, their philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for our client is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Their success is founded on the talent of their employees, so they recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, they want you to share in their achievements and they want to be a conduit for your success.
As their HR Advisor you will join their fast-paced human resources team which is responsible for over 2,000 employees across the organisation. The role will be based at their Coventry Office and will focus on providing HR support for a number of divisions within the company. Whilst you will be part of the wider HR team, predominately based in Bristol and Cheshire, this role will require someone who is comfortable working on their own. Due to the geographical spread of their offices, travel across the UK and possibly overseas will also be required from time to time.
The HR Advisor duties and key responsibilities:
- Working with the HR team to deliver the HR strategy
- Working with the Divisional Directors / Managing Directors/ Employees to support the HR needs of your allocated division, to include but not limited to:
Recruitment of all required personnel
Processing of starters, leavers and payroll amends
Advising accurately on employment issues and attending formal meetings as appropriate
Regularly corresponding with employees verbally and in writing Delivering training for employees / line managers and understanding training needs
Monthly HR reporting and analysis
- Attending offices periodically to meet with employees/line manager
- Regular communication with Divisional Directors / Managing Directors
- Regularly updating the central HR system and personnel files
- General day-to-day HR administration
- Reporting to the Associate HR Director / HR Director as required
HR Advisor Person Specification:
- Ability to advise within the scope of employment legislation and within areas of knowledge / capability.
- Understanding and recognising limitations in knowledge and seeking advice where appropriate.
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels.
- Professional approach and ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Team player with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and use initiative to solve problems, exercising appropriate level of judgement.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines, prioritising with a flexible approach.
- Full UK driving licence.
- CIPD part or fully qualified or hold a relevant HR qualification
- 2-3 years previous experience working in an HR advisory role
In return as their HR Advisor they offer:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to spend time during the first few weeks of their employment in the Bristol office undertaking training.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their HR Advisor then please click ‘Apply’ today, stating your salary expectations.
All candidates applying for positions with our client must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
Our client is committed to their Corporate Responsibility strategy. They seek to minimise their impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout their supply chain.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job