This is an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor / HR Officer to join a fast-paced and forward thinking multi-site education provider, taking full ownership of client groups across London and the South East within a schools environment. Reporting directly into the HR Manager and working alongside another HR Advisor and Senior HR Advisor.
The business has gone through a period of pro-active change recently, which has led to the creation of new HR roles to support the business objectives and to provide a hands-on generalist operational service. The HR Advisor / HR Officer role offers fantastic exposure and responsibility to work as a true HR partner with the client groups this role supports across a diverse range of HR areas.
The HR Advisor / HR Officer role will involve:
- Keep up to date in regard to employment legislation and good practice.
- As part of a team, provide regular HR updates to managers
- Assist in the work to update the employee handbook as required
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures relating to general terms and conditions of service not covered by legislation.
- Provide advice to line managers on the interpretation of employment legislation, terms and conditions of service, disciplinary and grievance issues, attendance, long term absence etc.
- Attend employee meetings with line managers where appropriate, giving advice and note taking
- Take advice from the HR and legal helpline as required
- Assist in the recruitment of all staff, liaising with agencies, preparing for interviews and attending
- Assist in the development of job descriptions/person specifications with support from the HR team and line managers.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate selection and testing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all 'safeguarding’ policies and procedures.
- Complete all administrative checklists to ensure that safeguarding standards are maintained
- Assist in the maintenance of the Single Central Register
- Participate in the auditing of HR files to ensure that Ofsted and Safeguarding requirements are met
Training & Development
- Assist in the development and co-ordinate the implementation of the Company’s induction programme
- Assist in the development, and advise on, the effective use of the appraisal/probationary period policy and procedure as a training and development tool
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual whole company training plan.
- Assist in the compliance of the company ISO9001 system
- Help to communicate ISO9001 standards and report any non-conformities
- Assist in the audits of Ofsted and other regulatory bodies
- Assist in ensuring that all documents and processes are reviewed for Ofsted compliance
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Attend meetings and presentations where required
- Contribute to the work of the team
- Contribute to any newsletters as required
Health & Safety
- Work with the Facilities Manager to ensure that all health and safety procedures are met for matters affecting HR
Skills & Experience Requirements for the HR Advisor / HR Officer role:
- Experience within an HR Officer/HR Advisor level role in an environment where you own your own client group
- Experience of managing your own ER cases (min-lower level) or strong experience of note taking, documentation write-ups and knowledgeable about ER processes.
- Fully CIPDQualified - minimum level 5
- Excellent communication skills
- Self Starter and able to build quick relationships
- Organised with high attention to detail
- Able to create and follow set processes and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Experience of working in a school or social care environment
- Experience of DBS checking within education
- An understanding of Safe Guarding / Ofsted
- Experience of ISO9001
- H&S understanding to a basic level
Please note that regular travel will be expected to client sites across London and the South East.
Please note that Clearcut Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency.
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, it is unfortunate that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. We will try to contact all suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time then, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Human Resources
- HR Policies
- hr officer
- schools personnel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job