Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the delivery and management of the client telephone helpline/email HR advice service and HR related project work generated by the HR Consultant Team.
To manage and lead service delivery, that includes employment contracts, handbook policies and ER related issues to a specific portfolio of retained clients.
To provide exceptional service to our clients in all aspects of work and advice provided. To promote the Company at every opportunity and project a smart and professional image at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide telephone and email helpline advice to clients on employee relations matters, including discipline, grievance, absence, TUPEetc as required and to record and evidence all advice using the Company CRM system.
- The effective and efficient communication of client issues to the lead consultant.
- To Manage a Portfolio of Helpline only and low meeting clients ensuring that all work in their Service Level Agreement is completed.
- To liaise with advisory services on checking current legislation and best practice in relation to all work carried out for clients.
- To assist clients in the management of their employee data using our online HR Platform.
- To assist with the management of recruitment on behalf of clients. Reviewing job applications on behalf of our clients, short listing candidates for first interviews.
- To be actively involved in creating, writing and developing an Induction procedure for clients where applicable.
- To lead on the provision of employee relations advice and maintaining records and reports in respect of specified clients as required.
- To undertake other projects dependant upon individual skills, experience and qualifications which may include preparation and delivery of training events, developing and implementing grading schemes, undertaking staff surveys, developing documentation and benchmarking etc.
- To support the HR Consultant Team in the updating and maintenance of the Park City library of master documents
- To keep an active and ongoing "to do list" detailing current work and forthcoming projects to be started, with a view to reporting progress on a regular basis.
- Progress chasing clients for outstanding work
- To maintain client time sheet system to record and report all work carried out for each client.
- To keep your own CPD record and knowledge of employment law up to date by reading the various trade publications, such as People Management, Personnel Today and bulletins/updates from advisory bodies, in addition to attending a minimum of four CIPD seminars each year.
- To actively contribute to the Company Business Planning process including the setting, agreeing and achievement of team and individual business objectives.
- To provide support and assistance to the management team on project work or any other assignments as and when required.
- To undertake Health Checks in respect of prospective clients
- To be actively involved with supporting general administration duties (both HR and Health & Safety) as business demands dictate and resources allow, or as directed by the HR Operations Manager.
- To assist with the co-ordination and facilitation of training, this will include preparing PowerPoint slides, setting the room up, meeting and greeting visitors and ensuring the refreshments on training days are available at the appropriate scheduled times.
- To contact clients in order to clarify open issues in order to complete Handbooks and employment contracts in the required time, on behalf of the consultant.
- To ensure that all activities completed are entered onto our CRM System daily and ensure contact details and date held on the system is kept up to date.
- To organise, implement and participate in the Out of Hours helpline rota
- To actively generate and close CR & TR opportunities in accordance with individual targets.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and reasonable additional hours to ensure completion of tasks, this will include hours prior to office opening hours, evenings and weekends.
- Professional association with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, preferably Associate level or higher, or equivalent experience.
- Sound up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Committed to CPD.
- Generalist practical personnel/HR experience at HR Administrator/officer level or above.
- Sound level of general experience in different industries where possible.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, telephone.
- Confidential Professional possessing a business focus.
- Excellent presentation skills, adjusting presentation style according to the client.
- Drafting skills to facilitate the preparation of client documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Facilitating skills - project management.
- IT skills <span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Law
- Employment Legislation
- CIPD qualified
- ER issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job