We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join this education facility based in Wimbledon.
Objectives of Post
As part of a team, to provide a quality and effective HR generalist service supporting the business objectives.
Each advisor will have specific responsibility for several locations but will work as part of a team to ensure adequate cover at all times
- Keep up to date in regard to employment legislation and good practice.
- As part of a team, provide regular HR updates to line managers.
- Take advice from the HR and legal helpline as required
- Assist in the work to update the employee handbook as required
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures relating to general terms and conditions of service not covered by legislation.
- Provide advice to line managers on the interpretation of employment legislation, terms and conditions of service, disciplinary and grievance issues, attendance, long term absence etc.
- Attend employee meetings with line managers where appropriate, giving advice and note taking
- Assist in the recruitment of all staff, liaising with agencies, preparing for interviews and attending.
- Assist in the development of job descriptions/person specifications with support from the HR team and line managers.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate selection and testing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all 'safeguarding’ policies and procedures.
- Complete all administrative checklists to ensure that safeguarding standards are maintained
- Assist in the maintenance of the Single Central Register
- Participate in the auditing of HR files to ensure that Ofsted and Safeguarding requirements are met.
Training & Development
- Assist in the development and co-ordinate the implementation of the company’s induction programme.
- Assist in the development, and advise on, the effective use of the appraisal/probationary period policy and procedure as a training and development tool.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual whole company training plan.
- Assist in the compliance of the company ISO9001 system
- Help to communicate IS)9001 standards and report any non-conformities
- Assist in the audits of Ofsted and other regulatory bodies
- Assist in ensuring that all documents and processes are reviewed for Ofsted compliance
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Attend meetings and presentations where required
- Contribute to the work of the team
- Contribute to any newsletters as required
Health & Safety
- Work with the Facilities Manager to ensure that all health and safety procedures are met for matters affecting HR
- To undertake HR admin, own typing and filing
- To answer the phone and deal with HR visitors where necessary
- Work collaboratively with staff at Central Services and the schools
- Contribute to HR, budgetary and planning reports and meetings
- To provide a quality, credible and reliable service at all times.
Own development and working practices
- To be aware of own training and development needs
- To undertake all training as required by the company or identified as agreed as part of normal working practices
- To be responsible for own health and safety
You will ideally come from the education sector, however this is not essential.
Regular travel between schools is required for this role.
Assertive Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and are committed to equality and opportunity for all candidates.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is not always possible to respond to every application personally. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then you have not been successful on this occasion, however we may hold your CV on file in consideration for alternative vacancies that arise.
Please take a look at our website www.assertive-solutions.co.uk for a full list of our current vacancies.
- Employment Legislation