The purpose of the HR Advisor role is to key support and first line advice on HR matters to employees and managers in the business, specifically on the A14 road widening project.
A UK civil engineering company.
As the HR Advisor, you will be supporting with the HR Strategy for the Specialist Earthworks Division
- Support the project recruiter to successfully fill plant operative roles in sufficient time to meet business requirements.
- Attend industry workshops and job fairs.
- Support senior managers in recruitment for specialist roles and liaising with employment agencies.
- Maintain and take ownership for records in the HR information system.
- Liaise with the Payroll team on changes to pay and improvement projects.
- Draft and issue offer and contracts of employment and manage personal files.
- Maintain and ensure employee Right to Work documentation is monitored and in date.
- Support the department with employee relation cases and attend formal meetings and note take when required.
- Work on HR projects with the wider HR team when required.
- Produce monthly HR reports based on statistical data, identifying trends and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain the project's flexible benefit portal.
- Provide advice on occupational health related cases and complete return to work interviews.
- Build collaborative and sustainable relationships with the customer and the onsite Trade Union representatives.
- Support the project and act as an ambassador for the A14 project's Behavioural Maturity Framework programme.
- Attend the project monthly 'Your Voice' meetings.
- Attend quarterly HR joint venture meetings and provide an update on current project priorities.
- Attend Diversity and Inclusion 'Train the Trainer' sessions and facilitate sessions on the project.
- Attend Unconscious Bias and Empathy training and support the project HR team with roll out training.
- Develop project related onsite training activities for customer on the project.
- Supporting with the HR Strategy for the Specialist Earthworks Division.
Knowledge and Skills Required of the HR Advisor
- Relevant exposure in a similar role, ideally within the construction industry.
- Appropriate qualification in HR practice
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply UK employment legislation
- Able to build strong working relationships with the management team.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and work flexibly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- A good communicator
A fantastic opportunity to be involved with a huge project, based on-site at Cambridge Services - A14.
Salary between £35,000 - 37,000 + bonus and an excellent benefits package.