International SOS is the world’s leading international health care, medical assistance and travel security risk services company with over 11,000 employees, led by 1,200 doctors and 200 security specialists. We provide a world class offering for travellers and expatriates. Every single day we are making a difference in people’s lives and able to support them when they need it the most.
We are looking for an HR Advisor on a permanent contract to join our wider European Recruitment & HR team in West London. The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of professional and timely HR services are provided to managers and employees. The role will support the business in a range of HR activities including recruitment, on-boarding, induction, performance management, disciplinary and termination issues. The HR Advisor acts as the dedicated HR support for our employees in the UK and Mainland Europe.
- Provide day to day operational HR support and advice to designated parts of the business;
- Work with line managers and the business to ensure that the recruitment needs of the business are being met;
- Ensure that employees are on-boarded and inducted effectively into the business;
- Ensure that e-learning is managed effectively for the parts of the business supported;
- Ensure that employees are provided with appropriate training for their roles;
- Act as the local CSR champion for the businesses/departments supported;
- Support managers in any disciplinary, grievance or performance management issues;
- Support line managers in the management of sickness absence and provide return to work support for employees;
- Work with the Central HR Team to ensure that all Corporate and Regional HR Policies are communicated effectively - this includes the PMP and remuneration processes;
- Support employees who are taking parental leave and ensure that they remain engaged with the business;
- Undertake exit interviews for key resignations;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Ensure that job descriptions and organisation charts are regularly reviewed and updated;
- Undertake assigned responsibilities within the People Services Team. Examples include:
- HR Reporting;
- Work visa application, reporting and co-ordination;
- HR Share Point Maintenance;
- HR Event Co-ordination;
- HR Policy Updates
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the company.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to be able to understand the operational aspects of the business and provide appropriate HR support and guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple activities often with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proactive approach to HR as a value-add function.
- Broad generalist HR experience including experience of disciplinary and grievance procedures with some UK employment law knowledge.
- Good relationship building skills with the ability to influence key business managers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
Required Work Experience
- A solid and broad range of generalist, operational, HR advisory experience
- Proven experience of working effectively in a challenging HR Advisory role
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-site business with multiple terms and conditions.
Here at International SOS we will offer you an interesting, varied and challenging career, where you will have the opportunity to experience working with a diverse range of people.
Please apply online now attaching your CV.
- Commercial Awareness
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Employee Engagement