Umbrella rate: £15.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor on a 2 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
Experienced HR generalist to support managers with the full range of HR activity including recruitment, absence management, disciplinary and grievances processes.
To assist with the provision of advice and support to client departments and contribute to corporate HR and other departmental work as required. To provide support to customers on employment matters, HR policy, procedure and good practice in line with the Doncaster Children's Services Trust (DSCT) People Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provide clear, consistent advice, guidance and practical support to Managers on issues such as absence management, discipline, grievance/complaints, capability, early/ill-health retirement, investigations and hearings.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Trade Unions, Professional Associations and external organisations
- Carry out research and produce reports and statistical information
- Assist with the design and delivery of training workshops on HR issues to various audiences
- Undertake project work as required (e.g. e-HR Project, benchmarking)
- Represent the HR service at various meetings, forums and briefings
- Coach Managers and other audiences on various HR issues e.g. policies and procedures and terms and conditions
- Undertake other duties as directed and commensurate with the grading of the role
- Custodian of the HR/OD information on the DCST Intranet Site
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Experience of working in a generalist HR capacity
- Experience of working in an HR role in a social care setting
- Strong interpersonal communication/skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of supporting manager with managing sickness absence and recruitment and selection
- CIPD qualified or working towards it
- Be a member of the CIPD or willing to undertake a course of study towards CIPD or relevant experience
- Experience of providing HR advice and support in an HR environment
- Experience of producing and interpreting basic HR reports e.g. turnover/attrition, headcount, sickness
- Experience of using IT systems to collate and present statistical information
- Presentation skills
- Experience of working with external agencies
- Keyboarding skills required to send and receive e-mails, prepare presentations, produce letters and reports and to use the Internet.
- Developed advisory skills and effective written and oral communication skills required to exchange sensitive information with a range of audiences including other employees, Trade Unions.
- Organisational skills to plan own workload to meet publication deadlines, interview deadlines and payroll deadlines.
- Employee Relations
- Human Resources
- HR Advisor
- Business Partner
- HR Officer