The role is administration-heavy and carries a lot of responsibility for the day-to-day team admin.
Ideally our client is looking for someone who is looking to enhance their HR Admin skills in preparation for an HR Adviser role, rather than a fully-fledged HR Adviser.
- Ability to work independently
- Graduate in any subject
- SAP and basic accounting
- Strong writing skills
- Providing a high quality HR service to UK based managers and staff of the Corporate Functions
- Ensuring that HR policies and operational processes are understood and implemented, and risks reduced
- The HR Advisor will be a point of contact for advice on HR issues or questions, where necessary referring to specialists in the HR Centres of Expertise. The scope of work will be a combination of short term, operational duties and involvement in more long term strategic projects.
- Proactively coaching and supporting managers in identifying absence and performance issues; working with them to support attendance and performance improvement cases; identifying and escalating risks accordingly to the Senior HRBP.
- Support the Senior HRBP and HR Consultants with case management and keep up-to-date with best practice and precedent across the British Council, contributing to case discussions with the Senior HRBP and managing a case-load with guidance where necessary.
- Leading the Professional Services HR induction process and guiding managers to provide all employees across Professional Services with the right level of support through staff probation periods.
- Lead on daily HR requests and queries, with support from the Senior HRBP. These may include, but is not limited to:
- Working together
- Being accountable
- Making it happen
- Sound basic knowledge of recruitment practices
- Knowledge of UK employment law
- Proactive and confident HR professional with consultancy approach
- Case management-absence and performance employee relations issues, coaching/advising managers
- Data management and analysis
- Working with varied and challenging stakehodlers
- Relevant CIPD qualification or working towards