Provide customer focused, comprehensive and pragmatic HR advice and support to managers and employees in line with organizational policies and legal requirements.
Principle objectives and responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned.
- For defined businesses provide a dedicated HR advisory service in relation to a range of employee relation matters, including but not limited to absence and health issues, grievance matters, lower warning level disciplinary and capability issues.
- Build effective relationships with managers within defined businesses to ensure HR best practice is applied operationally.
- Support managers with the effective and efficient performance of their employees, identifying and facilitating appropriate interventions through the performance management process.
- To lead on the management of casework relating to sickness absence, including making recommendations (where necessary seeking advice from senior colleagues), giving advice and support to managers, liaising with independent medical practioners.
- Ensure all advice given is presented and explained in a practical and workable business solution and highlight any risks concerned.
- Undertake site visits to any Retail Offices where necessary and with reasonable notice.
- Ensure all organisation policies and procedures are communicated effectively to managers and staff.
- Work with the HR Business Partner on any operational issues as and when directed and ensure any business changes affecting people are effectively communicated and implemented.
- Able to prepare any ad hoc management reports for any of the HR team or for the defined business area.
- Offer support and advice to other team members to help professionally develop and share best practice.
- Recognise when additional advice and support is needed and seek this within the HR team.
- Undertake projects as when required within the HR function.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and HR best practice.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Knowledge & Skills Required - Must be clearly demonstrated on CV
- CIPD qualified or currently studying towards it
- Experience as a Senior Administrator within HR or already working as HR Advisor
- Current knowledge of employment law
- Confident communicator
- Able to prioritise and respond flexibly to changing demands
- Able to establish credibility and rapport with line managers and managers
- Ability to make balanced HR decisions whilst implementing these in a business focused manner
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proactive and customer service focused
Please apply online