1. Role purpose
To provide pro-active and reactive specialist advice and support to employees and line managers. To resolve queries and issues on a range of HR topics, providing and implementing practicable solutions in line with HR processes. To provide full support to the Head of HR and raise more complex issues as appropriate. To work within areas of own expertise, reviewing working practices and implementing continuous improvements for the benefit of the department and Company. This is a broad HR role and as such your remit will include employee relations, performance, compensation and benefits as well as organisation-wide HR projects.
- Work closely with the Head of HR during the pay and bonus review process. Provide guidance and knowledge to assist on negotiations with recognised trades unions and implement across the organisation.
- Work closely with the payroll manager and act as the main HR contact for all queries regarding payroll. Ensure all payroll information is submitted accurately and in line with set deadlines.
- Support Head of HR and HR Business Partner(s) on all employee relations and HR issues in line with Company policy and best practice.
- Contribute to and support the implementation of people related projects in support of business objectives and the people plan.
- Act as the HR expert for pension issues and liaise with the pensions administrators to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Process all new starters, movers and leavers, ensuring that all logistical elements are covered and the process is completed effectively.
- Liaise with employees and Rail Staff Travel Limited on all safeguarded travel issues. Act as point of reference for all travel queries. Act as main contact with Rail Staff Travel Limited.
- Support the Head of HR and HR Partner(s) in preparing timely management information each period.
- Complete project work / initiatives to deadlines and appropriate standards.
- Develop positive relationships with customers (internal and external) on a day to day basis to meet service provision requirements.
- Provide and develop specialist expertise to resolve queries.
- Provide HR support to the Company and HR department ensuring compliance across the organisation with policies and procedures.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job