Granta Park, Abington
Full time, 36 hours per week, Permanent Position
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
We are looking for a HR generalist to join our HR team that supports around 600 staff based in 5 UK locations. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step within their HR career. Based at Granta Park, Abington you will join a HR team committed to creating a great working and learning environment that enable our people to perform at their best.
- Support the Head of HR and Senior HR Advisor with HR projects.
- Provide general HR advice and guidance to managers in line with TWI’s values.
- Manage general employee relations case work including performance management.
- Support TWI’s managers with sickness absence.
- Lead on the production of the HR metrics, highlighting trends and recommending solutions.
- Lead on the organising of learning and development events.
- Manage the annual apprenticeship recruitment campaign.
- Co-ordinate the HR intranet and implement an effective employee communications programme.
- Co-ordinate the exit interview process ensuring trends are identified and action plans initiated. Person Specification Qualifications
- Education up to degree level or equivalent
- Part or full CIPD qualified.
- HR generalist experience gained in a complex organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current thinking in Human Resources issues and trends and evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Experience of using data effectively to provide useful management information.
- Knowledge of employment legislation. Skills
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
- Can develop effective working relationships with employees at all level.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi task.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports managers
- Can do attitude - committed to delivery
- Customer service ethos - committed to delivering an excellent HR service to customers
- Team worker - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Self-motivated, and able to prioritize own workload to meet deadlines and colleagues’ expectations alike.
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, and managers and is committed to achieving goals
- Flexible - prepared to work across the HR Team.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail and ability to check all work for accuracy.
Closing Date: Monday 29th January 2018