An opportunity has arisen for a HR Advisor to join the team at the Shared Service Centre in Caerphilly. The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of the HR operational plan by providing necessary drive, support and guidance. You will need to be pro-active in resolving challenging situations whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation. As part of the role you will also be responsible for the full end to end employee life cycle administration processes.
What being a HR Advisor at DS Smith will involve…
Reporting to the HR Administration Manager with a dotted line into the Head of HR Services SSC you will form a vital part of the SSC HR team. Your key responsibilities will be include but not be limited to the following;
- Driving and delivering HR excellence using various tools including HR dashboard and Key Performance Indicators
- Supporting the implementation of People Plans in line with business needs
- Providing HR guidance and expertise to the Shared Service Centre on all HR activity including absence management, performance management, disciplinary and grievance
- Monitoring compliance with all key HR policies and processes; Recommends corrective actions for non-compliance to HR Business Partner;
- Providing guidance and support on key engagement activities
- Providing guidance to line managers to ensure all employees receive a quality Performance Development Review
- Identifying training requirements and incorporate into the training plan and support with general L&D Administration
- Updating all systems ensuring accuracy and compliance with Data Protection.
- Contribute to information for monthly reporting
- Providing leadership on the implementation of the Group wide programmes and ensuring appropriate plans are developed and implemented
- Ensuring administration needs for MD and Senior Management team are met
- Processing & reviewing documentation pertaining to new hires, payroll, pensions & benefits
- Receive, verify and enter individuals data/documentation on HRIS to generate appropriate records and payroll adjustments
What we would like our candidate to have…
- A minimum CIPD Level 5 qualified
In-depth knowledge of HR generalist activities HR professional with experience of working within a HR function in an operational environment
Experience in working in a multi-site organisation with various stakeholders
Experience of advising managers on HR issues and supporting the delivery of HR projects
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Workday system experience (preferable)
About DS Smith…..
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide and is continuing to grow both organically and through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Paid Expenses
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job