My client are currently seeking to recruit a HR Advisor (temporary fixed term contract - 12 months) to join their team based in Harrogate.
The main purpose of this role is to provide advice and support to the business in terms of recruitment solutions and employment law matters whilst supporting the HR Manager in all day to day aspects of providing front line support to the business.
Within this role your main responsibilities will include providing advice on employment law matters (disciplinary, dismissal, redundancy etc), developing and maintaining a comprehensive recruitment service to all the group businesses, assisting the HR Manager with organisational design, re-structuring, creation of new roles and dealing with the integration of transferring employees following acquisitions. You will also be expected to ensure that all redundancy paperwork is processed correctly, all disciplinary notes, letters and records are maintained correctly and work on ad hoc projects as required.
The successful candidate will have worked within a similar role previously, will be CIPD qualified and will be confident and experienced in providing employment law advice to managers. Experience of recruitment would be advantageous and you will have a flexible approach with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Highly organised, you will be capable of planning and prioritising, multi-tasking and working to deadlines and you will be a competent computer user. Good attention to detail and a case management approach to managing your workload will ensure you see things through to conclusion. The ability to look at issues from all sides and suggest solutions is vital to deliver a commercially focused HR service.
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- CIPD qualifed
- Ideally with business partnering experience
- Preferably experience of employment law advising
- Confident communicator - face to face and telephone
- Self confident - but not at the top of the scale
- Mobile - prepared to travel and overnight stays
- Background - private sector organisations - ideally engineering/construction and associated industries.
- Business focussed approach - comfortable with commercial decisions
- Understanding of advice 'v’ tell - supporting two very different businesses