Employee Relations/HR Advisor
Location: Leeds - Salary £30,000-£33,000 with generous bonus scheme & benefits package
My client is a well-established company in the UK and they are seeking an Employee Relations / HR Advisor to join their busy contact centre function, working with the business to manage issues proactively and supporting the HR department to achieve their strategic objectives as set out in the HR strategic plan to ensure the delivery of a professional and timely HR service.
Duties and Responsibilities
• First point of contact for the business and wider HR team on ER issues
• Providing advice and guidance on all ER issues and acting as the HR Representative at formal disciplinary and grievance meetings
• Responsible for the day to day management of the ER case load and ensuring all cases are managed consistently and in accordance with HR policy and best practice
• Supporting the ER Business Partner to ensure all HR policies and procedures are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure they are in full compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks
• End to end support for people managers on ER issues and advise on interpretation of HR policy, procedure and best practice
• Facilitate and attend ER meetings such as absence management, long term sick reviews, welfare visits, flexible working discussions, mediation meetings and maternity/paternity discussions
• Build strong working partnerships across the business and with key stakeholders such as Trade Unions and the Employee Forum
• Support the ER Business Partner to identify absence, attrition or employee engagement trends by interpreting the data/MI available and translating this in to what this means for the business
• Support absence management administration, from monitoring absence levels and highlighting areas of concern to ER Business Partner
• Managing (alongside HR Admin Team) all Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave administration
• Build up external network with other Contact Centre representatives in and around the local area to ensure we fully understand any location specific issues and trends
• You are responsible for ensuring you understand and apply the relevant regulations to your role and integrate them into the way you work, understanding and taking ownership of your responsibilities to ensure you deliver objectives in a compliant way.
• You are responsible for ensuring you understand where your role fits within our customer’s experience and consider the impacts of your actions in all you do, with the constant aim of providing our customers with the best outcomes possible.
• You will be responsible for taking ownership of your personal development and having the knowledge, skills and experience that meet the level of competence required for you to deliver results that have a positive impact on our customers experience
• Proven experience of supporting managers through general ER issues
• Proven experience of managing ER issues
• Strong and up to date understanding of employment law
• Ability to act in an open and honest manner in all communication and lead by example by appreciating, valuing and taking into consideration peoples’ diverse needs.
• Ability to act with integrity and uphold personal and professional ethics and values.
• Ability to use your initiative and identify issues regarding potential risks or detriment that could impact our customers and where appropriate have the confidence to raise these issues with your Manager/Compliance Department.
• Ability to provide our customers with the best possible outcome through demonstrating a customer focused approach to the way you work.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- ER issues
- HR Policies