Think Specialist Recruitment is pleased to be working with a highly successful and well-known international company recruiting for a permanent HR Advisor job opportunity based at their offices close to East Midlands International Airport. We are specifically looking for candidates with experience of providing HR support to a contact centre/KPI driven environment.
Although a generalist role, there is a focus on employee relations for a large population of staff - absence and performance management, disciplinary and grievance processes - along with the scope to influence the business strategy and become involved with the shaping of the division's future direction. Working closely with the senior management team and line managers, this position plays a key role within the East Midlands office and offers lots of autonomy to the post holder.
We are specifically looking for candidates with extensive HR experience, strong employee relations knowledge, experience of handling performance/absence management and disciplinary issues, the ability to manage a varied and busy workload, and excellent influencing skills.
The role includes working with the Business Partner team to develop and drive the HR Strategy for the Business Units. Also providing second level guidance and support, including case management, as well as supporting specific units with the accurate and timely processing of information.
The key challenges are to fully explore situations in order to provide consistent and accurate advice. Also to balance the workload and prioritise use of time in order to manage the day to day demands of the role, supporting diverse businesses and geographical spread.
Duties to include:
- Regularly advise managers on issues related to disciplinary and employment law, interpretation of all terms and conditions of employment
- Provide guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring that good practice is followed consistently
- Liaise with the relevant OH provider to ensure effective management of long term absence
- Proactively engage with HR and the business with regards to the annual Employee Opinion Survey, the roll out, communication of results and action planning improvements.
- Proactively manage employment tribunals that fall into your area of responsibility.
- Prepare severance authorisation paperwork and ensure all adequate signatories are received before incurring any costs on legal cases/dismissals
- Manage projects and influence; strategy, re-organisation, employee relations processes and procedures
- Provide support to the HR Business Partners
- Provide an informative service to the business, responding to requests in a professional and timely manner
- Escalate queries if necessary
- Co-ordinate with external parties such as Legal support, Occupational Health suppliers and responding promptly and building relationships
- Ensure appropriate records are kept
- Manage the monitoring of projects, alongside the Business Partners
- Plan and prioritise flexibly in order to meet the changing needs of the business and the team
- Utilise appropriate HR systems to ensure accurate recording of data
- Support and liaise with HR Admin and payroll to ensure an efficient and timely service is being provided to your customers in relation to payroll issues, onboarding, vetting, and form processing etc.
- Provide ad hoc project support and leadership to meet the annual HR agenda.
- Ad hoc HR Policy updates to meet the changing requirement of the law and the business.
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills/customer focus
- Strong knowledge of ER policies and employment law
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to deal with difficult and sometimes contentious issues
If you have the relevant HR and employee relations experience to be considered for this, please send your CV across ASAP or contact Chris Jones at Think Specialist Recruitment for a confidential discussion about the opportunity.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'