Vacancy Reference: GRP-BSE-ER-0203
Job Title: HR Advisor / Caseworker
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000-£25,000 per annum DOE
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Training & Development Opportunities; Opt-In Health Cash Plans
Servest UK's forward-thinking HR Team is seeking a highly capable HR Advisor / Caseworker to join them. Based at our Head Office on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, you will form part of the in-house team which provides an expert advisory service to all employees across the business.
Tasked with ensuring all our managers who contact the team receive a positive experience and an excellent service with prompt resolution to employee relations issues.
We are keen to welcome applications from enthusiastic, engaging and energetic candidates who have a proven track record of delivering in as a generalist HR Advisor or operational capacity, in medium or large organisations.
You will be aligned to set areas of the business with a high volume of casework including TUPE, consultations, disciplinary, grievance, change management, absence management, family friendly rights and additional processes. You should be able to demonstrate a commercial approach to advice, taking into account the demands of the business and build strong relationships with the operational teams.
As part of this you will identify trends and areas where managers would benefit from coaching or training and attend sites to deliver these sessions on an ad-hoc basis.
Our team of HR Advisors / Caseworkers also project manage both incoming and outgoing TUPE processes and assist with Employment Tribunal cases in terms of responses and preparation so experience in this area essential.
Ideally, you will have experience of building long-standing, effective working relationships which enables you to influence and embed cultural change and best practice. Our preference is for candidates who demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in their day-to-date work; dynamic professionals who are solution-orientated, focussed and able.
As an HR Advisor / Caseworker, your primary duties may include:
- Providing generalist HR advice across all aspects of employee relations including early conciliation and employment tribunals
- Maintaining up-to-date technical competency and an awareness of employment law and changes in legislation
- Effectively communicating at all levels of the business to influence, challenge and negotiate across the business areas
- Ensuring engagement between the HR team, management and other business functions
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Mitigating and minimising legal risks to the business
- Coaching line managers on policies and procedures to ensure consistency of approach across the business
- Involvement in and contribution of cross-business HR projects
Our successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in providing HR advice and working with line managers, balancing both a commercial viewpoint and best practice
- Background in ER casework
- Previous experience in TUPE and redundancy consultation
- Strong employment law knowledge
- Fully CIPD Level 7 qualified or part qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong personal integrity and a professional approach
- High levels of attention to detail
- Be able to work within a team supporting a range of sectors when required
Our HR advice team work Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 however, flexibility to meet the needs of the business we be required. The nature of the role dictates that there ad hoc national travel will be involved. As a business we are keen to embrace flexible and agile working options which can be discussed at interview stage should your application be short-listed.
This role attracts a salary of £19,000 - £25,000, depending on experience and qualification level and we are keen to support candidates with their studies to further personal development and career progression.
If you love working at pace in a fluid and quickly evolving environment this role will satisfy your desire for variety. Our ambitious plans for growth allow the post holder to really make this role their own, shaping their career path and progression.
If you love what you what you do and want to be part of something special - An HR team and wider organisation which is focused on cultivating the talent of our colleagues, we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***
- Employment Rights
- Human Resources