You will provide accurate and timely advisory support to partners and managers in given locations, and support the HR Business Partners on the operational HR issues on a day to day basis. You will actively look for opportunities to implement innovative and added value solutions.
• Advising client group on HR policy and best practice matters making sure that the firm’s policies are adhered to whilst ensuring a fair and consistent response to all employees.
• Provide clients with guidance and coaching to resolve individual employee relations issues, such as disciplinary and grievance issues (to include acting as HR representative, carrying out investigations, taking notes and ensuring follow up actions are implemented), change management (i.e. restructures, redundancies and TUPE transfers), flexible working requests and absenteeism.
• Supporting the HRBP’s to develop and champion engagement at a local office and service line level. Supporting and coaching partners and managers in raising engagement within their teams and advising teams on how to put action plans in place.
• Working with the Talent Acquisition team to support clients with experienced hire recruitment, to include drafting job descriptions, providing salary benchmarking data and carrying out interviews as required.
• Assist and support HRBP’s with all annual cycle processes, including salary review, promotions and trainee matrix reviews.
• Supporting managers and the National Training team with the management of student exam results, including coaching managers to arrange and hold formal meetings and attending formal meetings as needed.
• Assist clients with effective objective setting and career development plans.
• Carry out local induction.
• Carry out exit interviews and provide feedback to HRBP’s and partner/managers.
• Liaise with HR Shared Services regarding HR Admin, e.g. payroll, joiners, leavers and act as the escalation point for HR Shared Services and People & Culture support team to resolve queries of a more complex nature.
• Other duties appropriate to level and candidates’ experience, for example delivery of soft skills and other workshops as and when required, delivery of national projects and coaching managers on people management techniques.
• Experience gained in an HR Officer role essential, experience gained as an HR Advisor desirable.
• Experience of working in a professional services environment (desirable).
• Strong Employee Relations skills is a requirement for the role.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience of working in a matrix environment.
• Excellent communication skills, confident in dealing with people at all levels in the business.
• Evidence of pro-active upward communication skills in order to keep HRBP’s aware of issues in their areas of the business.
• Strong IT skills, specifically Excel (intermediate standard as a minimum) Word and PowerPoint.
• Flexible in approach and proven team working ability.
• Strong personal organisation skills.
• Demonstrates high levels of professional knowledge, expertise and integrity and can actively demonstrate an awareness of current and forthcoming UK employment law.
• Commercially aware and capable of providing HR support to a complex and challenging client group.
• Good project management skills, takes personal responsibility for delivering excellence in both client projects and internal operations.
• Demonstrates a track record of advising on a range of employee relations issues, anticipates possible solutions and follows up with research and analysis to reach sound solutions, whilst managing risk.
• Builds and sustains deepening relationships with clients, ensuring clients needs are fully met.
• Acts as a role model to the team, works with the team to achieve goals, and uses knowledge to support and develop the team.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'