HR Advisor - 12 Month FTC
CIPD Level 3/5
£20,000 - £25,000 based on experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced HR Adviser to join a highly regarded and professional client based in Liverpool, the role will be on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate must have previously managed a range of employee relations casework, including complex cases such as disciplinary and grievance cases and should have a good understanding of Employment Law and HR best practice to be confident in advising both staff and senior stakeholders on HR policy.
Whilst some administration support is in place, the successful applicant will also be required to deal with routine operational tasks and HR responsibilities (including many aspects of HR administration) and will be responsible for providing the whole range of HR support services to management and employees in the business.
As a HR Adviser, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Extensive HR generalist skills set
- HR Adviser - Extensive HR experience at Advisory/Assistant level
- CIPD qualifications -Level 5 is preferable, but Level 3 would be considered depending on the level of experience and knowledge gained
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks to tight timescales.
- Flexible and organised approach to work.
- Confidential, professional person, comfortable liaising with all levels within the business
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience within a professional services environment would be advantageous e.g. Legal, Financial Services, Investment Banking etc. due to the nature of the business
- Previous experience of Sage Snowdrop desirable
- Good MS Office skills with intermediate to advanced capability in Excel
- Previous experience of using applicant tracking systems for recruitment
- Providing general advice on day to day HR issues in accordance with company’s policies and procedures
- Recruitment (management of whole process, using internal CRM Applicant Tracking and Recruitment System)
- Some reporting (Routine HR MI)
- Updating HR database (Sage Snowdrop HR & Payroll)
- Managing administration of part-time employees and all associated admin (work/patterns, holiday calculations etc.)
- Managing new starter process and inductions as appropriate
- Leavers and associated admin
- Some benefits administration
- Some H&S issues (resolving workstation issues, facilities concerns)
- Some involvement with payroll
- Basic absence management advice
- Tenders (completion of HR aspects)
- Liaising with other organisations on employee initiatives
- All aspects of HR administration
- Delivery of HR specific projects
- Any other ad hoc duties that might reasonably be requested
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work within a fast-paced and diverse HR environment. We are looking for the successful candidate to come into the role and take ownership and initiative within the position.