Working as part of a small team, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective HR service across the organisation, whilst complying with relevant legislation and organisational procedures. Reporting directly to the Senior HR Manager the main purpose of the role is to deliver an outstanding HR service. The ideal candidate will ideally have at least a CIPD Level 3 or 2 years HR experience.
This is a full time permanent position paying £25,000 plus benefits and the option to work from home some days.
- Responsible for the renewal and ending of fixed term contracts in liaison with line managers.
- Assist with payroll checking and the preparation of paperwork on a monthly basis.
- Administer sickness records for staff.
- Prepare and issue new starters and leavers reports, and update the HR system. Acknowledge resignations and send out exit interviews and process feedback.
- Responsible for the updating and development of the HR database in liaison with the Senior HR Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring the HR system is accurate for holiday schemes and absence schemes.
- Liaise with line managers on probationary periods, and staff appraisals. Update the HR system as required.
- Administer the annual update of staff details in line with Data Protection.
- Provide support to the on boarding process including;
- Obtaining authorisation for recruitment from senior management
- Placing job advertisements and preparing application packs
- Administrate the application, shortlisting and interview processes
- Screening Checks: Obtain references and undertake Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and other legislative checks as required
- Prepare conditional/formal offer letters and contracts of employment.
- Prepare statistical information / reports as required.
- Ensure the HR pages on BreatheHR and Dropbox are kept up to date.
- Undertake various ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Chasing all outstanding HR information.
- Supporting the Senior HR Manager and Director of Resources where required.
- Ensuring that appropriate standards of confidentiality and security are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that internal and external relationships are well maintained, with prompt, accurate and courteous communication.
- Managing stationary orders.
- Managing petty cash and credit cards.
- Liaising with office landlord and contractor/s.
- Liaising with cleaning company and ensuring office is maintained to an acceptable standard at all times.
- Managing travel bookings across the organisation.
- Booking of meeting rooms across the organisation’s needs
- Overseeing postal services including arranging collections and deliveries with trips to the local post office a necessity.
- Banking when required.
- Completing daily general administration tasks including photocopying, scanning and filing documents.
- Ensuring that mail is appropriately sorted and strict confidentiality rules adhered to.
- Attending meetings (including discipline and grievance hearings) and off-site visits, ensuring accurate notes are taken and circulated to the relevant people in a timely manner.
- Prior administrative experience within a business environment.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to prioritise, juggle tasks and work using own initiative.
- Have a confident and professional telephone manner.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Process driven.
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to plan, work under pressure, multi-task and meet short deadlines.
- Perseverance and a sense of pride in the work delivered.
- A natural problem solver following processes and plans to see things through to the end goal.
- Highly organised, ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines but also to anticipate and adapt flexibly to changing requirements.
- Relationship building and negotiation.
- Ability to inspire and influence others.
- Organising and planning.
- Calm & Resilient
- Enthusiastic & Energetic.
- Commitment to vision & values of the organisation.
- Collaborative, flexible & supportive.
- Creative, positive & solution focused.
- Proactive, able to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Flexible regarding working hours.
- Willingness & ability to travel independently.
- Some regional travel and national travel with overnight stays.
How to Apply If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Becca Selby at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"