SYNLAB is Europe’s leading laboratory diagnostics company operating in 37 different countries and delivering a range of services including human, veterinary, food and environmental testing. Because of recent UK expansion, a vacancy has emerged for a HR Adviser to provide a full range of comprehensive and generalist services to internal business stakeholders.
The HR Adviser will report to the Regional HR Manager.
Duties will include:
- Operational delivery of generalist HR services.
- To analyse and interpret management information to support managers in performance management and sickness absence.
- To develop and promote good relationships and partnership working with local and full trade union officers / representatives.
- To identify the root causes of inaccurate pay, pension issues and other staff changes with the Regional HR Manager.
- Employee Relations
- To assess options and advise and support managers in the preparation of case information for presentation at disciplinary, grievance, capability and attendance hearings and appeals.
- To assist the Regional HR Manager in advising managers on implementing changes to organisational structures.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Graduate membership of the CIPD or higher.
- Educated to degree level
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work productively as part of a team
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Significant experience of working as an HR Advisor or equivalent including a substantial ER and industrial relations remit.
- Good working knowledge of running a payroll, undertaking reconciliation of a payroll and progressing staff changes through the payroll.
- Experience of advising managers on the application of employment law, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of working in an employee relations role.
- Previous HR Advisor experience
- Strong advisory skills with good knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of advising managers at disciplinary hearing and other formal hearings
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job