We are recruiting a HR Adviser to work within the Human Resources Department for an international law firm.
As a member of the HR Advisory team you’ll add value to the firm by supporting the HR Managers in providing HR advisory services to the legal populations. Responsible for providing a first-class, efficient and effective HR service to the relevant departments, including day to day employee relations support.
The HR Adviser will be responsible for providing support to the HR Managers looking after the legal populations and ensuring a comprehensive, proactive and considered HR service to the relevant groups. The HR Advisory team is also responsible for developing firm wide HR policies and the HR Adviser will play a role in this.
- Working alongside the legal HR Managers in providing comprehensive HR support for all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Building strong working relationships with the Group HR Partners.
- Managing and assisting with the running of the appraisal/performance management process in relevant groups and required follow up.
- Running inductions for new employees.
- Managing and assisting with employee relations cases, including health and well-being, absence and performance management.
- Meeting with employees to discuss family leave and managing the processes.
- Managing and assisting in flexible working requests and changes to terms and conditions.
- Carrying out exit interviews and completing relevant analysis and recommendations to managers.
- Working in partnership with the HR Assistant and HR Administrator providing support and guidance where required.
- Collating and analysing management information, e.g. headcount data, and liaising closely with the management information team.
- Managing fixed-term contracts including extensions, as well as the contract lawyer population within the legal groups.
- Maintaining accurate records and keeping the HR system (Select HR) up to date.
- Assisting the HR Managers with internal moves, visas, client secondments and international secondments, including the visiting lawyers programme.
- Working closely with the other HR teams to ensure a full HR service is provided to partners, business services heads and employees.
- Working closely with the HR Adviser and HR Managers on various projects and covering in their absence.
- All other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment.
- Qualified at graduate level and preferably CIPD qualified or part-qualified.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent administrative skills and experience.
- Good working knowledge of employment law.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational and upward communication skills in order to keep HR Managers aware of issues in their population.
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar.
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information, contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary and take ownership of work.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals.
- A confident and proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload and using their initiative.
- Active listening skills and demonstrates professionalism in all dealings.
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different team members and managing several tasks at one time.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to deal with confidential matters with discretion.
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of ethics.
- Business Services
- Employee Relations
- Exit Interviews
- CIPD qualified
- HR Policies